Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Poll

Should I buy a kilt?

Hells yeah doggie, get your kilt on!
- 9 (39.1%)
Are you all TWISTY on GREEN?
- 9 (39.1%)
Whatever, FAG.
- 5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: May 21, 2004, 07:59:16 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: This Poll Is Not About #####  (Read 9753 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 12:13:56 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
The advantage that I can see is that you can probably run a little faster in that  than in #####. But if you were wearing #####, less people would want to kick your ass in the first place.

Unless you're Raven.



Why yes, I'm pretty bored tonight and do have a cable modem. However did you know?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2004, 01:56:40 am »

Wear the kilt and carry a mace. And, only if people make snide renfaire comments, bash them in the melon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2004, 02:25:22 am »

This may be my own problems with skirts showing through, but I've never found it any easier to run in a skirt than it is in #####. It's usually more awkward, considering that part of the problem with secret junk freedom is having to then keep track of the secret junk &c. I cannot picture this being any easier with men.

My advice? Just get ##### of light fabric, or get shorts with legs. They're good.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2004, 02:31:21 am »

Well, I like seeing people in skirts. Ok, I can only really say that I like seeing the ladies in skirts, but I'm sure the boys look nice in skirts as well.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2004, 02:48:39 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

My advice? Just get ***** of light fabric, or get shorts with legs. They're good.


In response to the stuff about  getting mocked for wearing a kilt: I already wear Capris on a fairly regular basis, because they allow air-flow whilst preventing those creepy red circles you get on your knees when you sit with your legs crossed. I'm not even sure there's that much of a mocking increase from Capris to kilts; I'm pretty sure Capris engender some sort of mocking Event Horizon, after which there can be no more mocking.
I don't know, guys, khakis? Dockers? I'm not a tech consultant YET. I still have a good 6 years before I switch to just wearing khakis and blue button-up longsleeves.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2004, 12:49:27 pm »

Yo. All you need to know - Utilikilts. They're way cheaper than regular kilts, you can get them with "modesty snaps", and they're in all kinds of colors. They've got pictures of guys on the website who can really pull it off. I say go for it! Khakis are for people who are dead inside!

As one of those skirt-wearing chicks, I have to say that skirts are way more comfy than shorts when it's ultra-hot. As long as you stay away from the pantyhose, which I'll assume you will.

One other idea: how 'bout some of those nylon blend cargo #####, maybe with legs that zip off? I love those, but you gotta make sure it's breathable nylon, otherwise the naughty bits will get a little sweaty.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2004, 12:51:54 pm »

I just realized your picture came from utilikilts. That's a new style since the days when I was considering buying one for my boyfriend. Carry on.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2004, 12:16:32 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

My advice? Just get ***** of light fabric, or get shorts with legs. They're good.


In response to the stuff about  getting mocked for wearing a kilt: I already wear Capris on a fairly regular basis, because they allow air-flow whilst preventing those creepy red circles you get on your knees when you sit with your legs crossed. I'm not even sure there's that much of a mocking increase from Capris to kilts; I'm pretty sure Capris engender some sort of mocking Event Horizon, after which there can be no more mocking.
I don't know, guys, khakis? Dockers? I'm not a tech consultant YET. I still have a good 6 years before I switch to just wearing khakis and blue button-up longsleeves.


You were capri #####? Like Mary Tyler Moore? I never heard of such things for men. Maybe you should try a nice pair of culottes or a skort.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you are a transvestite already, then the kilt is probably a step more conservative, actually. Wear what you like.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2004, 01:44:11 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I guess what I'm saying is, if you are a transvestite already,

You aren't judging, are you?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2004, 03:35:29 am »

Okay, I hate to even say this, because this is not the kind of thing to which I'm usually attracted, but this boy looks fine in his kilt.  

Sorry, Pedro.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2004, 01:46:28 pm »

As someone with little or no fashion sense, here is my advice:

if you don't care about people making fun of you, wear what you want.

if you care about people making fun of you, wear clothing that submits to the "norms" of your local society.

because, as i understand it (and the fact that i have to clarify that should be most telling inre: my ability to dress myself), clothing serves several purposes:

to stop you from freezing to death,
to stop you from snagging/scratching/scraping soft fleshy bits of important flesh,
and allowing an individual to interact in social situations.

by "dressing outside the norm" you are purposefully isolating yourself from "the norm".

asking your social group whether or not you should do that seems like a good topic for a thesis or something.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2004, 02:33:35 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Clan Campbell RULES!

Aye, the McPhearsons could kick your clan's arse!


Oh yeah?  Ever heard of a little event called the Glencoe Massacre?

If you come over to my house for the weekend, you need to be wiiiiiiiiiiiiide awake.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2004, 08:06:01 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I guess what I'm saying is, if you are a transvestite already,

You aren't judging, are you?


Nice for changing my context:

"I guess what I'm saying is, if you are a transvestite already, then the kilt is probably a step more conservative, actually. Wear what you like."

/not judging.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2004, 08:22:24 pm »

Oh yeah?  I'm twice as non-judgmental as you intolerant jerks!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
This Poll Is Not About #####
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2004, 01:12:10 am »

Girls, girls, you're BOTH pretty.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up