Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may  (Read 4710 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile

Where the hell did Uncle Culpepper come from?

I think I might like this next stretch, as long as it's not too long (trip to hell) or too serious (kidnapped Phillippe).


But, the days of Dennis Quaid memorabilia seem to be finished. Shame.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 02:27:20 am »

It remains to be seen, to my mind.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 03:13:50 am »

This explains why Ray dug on Mark Twains suits so much.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 03:34:30 am »

WHUT, AH SAY, WHUT IN THE BLAZIN' TARNATION*

I like this development a lot. Ray's always been so straight-up solid-gone West Coast**; it'll be fun to see how much of a skeleton in Ye Olden Closette this Uncle turns out to be. Also, check out the palatial fuck*ng panelling there in the entry hall. It's appropriately overblown and ridiculous, but it beats / trumps another "Ray being exposed as an idiot" strip. Those were starting to make me all nervous and shit.

*All my family's from Southeast Texas. I know all the rules of pseudo-swear combinatics.
**Beef's patter, on the other hand, could be from anywhere down here - he hasn't said anything I haven't heard a thousand times, right down to his swear-reluctance melting into the clumsiest and purest obscenity. You dang old low down... fuck sniffers.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 05:29:54 am »

Today, while driving in downtown Louisville, I saw a massive, building-sized poster of Colonel Harlan Sanders, with the words KENTUCKY'S COLONEL written down the side. This just makes me remember that, and smile.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 05:44:25 am »

I rather like this development, actually. It highlights a thread of Ray's character that was neglected just about as soon as it was introduced -- that Ray was a show cat and comes from a good pedigree, implying that he came from a classy background.

I also like the idea of contrasting Ray's relationship with Uncle Culpepper to that of his relationship with Little Nephew. Is Ray making amends to his uncle for being as much of a holy terror as LN is now? Time may tell.
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 12:42:48 pm »

Any confederacy of additional vegetables! Oh, I love it.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 12:47:04 pm »

And Ray appears to be on his best behavior around Uncle Culpepper.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 12:59:38 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Colonel Harlan Sanders


It's Harland.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 05:07:18 pm »

This will all end in matchsticks and doody. You mark my words.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 05:53:57 pm »

This board always seem to come back to the topic of fried chicken.  I've been away for a little over a month, and was feeling a little lost, but now I know it's all finger-lickin' good.  

I'm back for real this time.  After much carrier turmoil I have escaped the world of the call centre!!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 08:03:55 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

I'm back for real this time.  After much carrier turmoil I have escaped the world of the call centre!!


Always good to keep clear of them call centres for sure! Welcome back though. Hope the escape was onto the upwards slope. Worse than call centres is a bad place...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 08:20:08 pm »

To stay on a Kentucky Fried chicken theme, which is only slightly off topic: Even my job at KFC when I was 16 was better than the call centre in the end, especially when it came to a point when I was working til 1am.  I'm working as a Journalist for a local Aboriginal news paper now, and I'm going to be interviewing all sorts of really amazing people.

Also, re: the alt text here-  the pronunciation "eye-talyun" has been a subject of great contention in my family.  I remember my mom seeing an Olive Garden as I was driving her around and saying " I haven't had eye-talyun food in so long."  I have previously mentioned to her on several occasions that there is no country called "Eye-taly," but this has never effected her.  Also, I live in the Little Italy section of my city, and nothing is more embarassing when my mom comes to visit as her loudly referring to people we pass on the street as Eye-talyuns.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 08:40:30 pm »

Smells is back! Smells is back! Yay!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
indefatigable predilection (mah-'tur, eye'-talyun) - 26 may
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 08:53:26 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Colonel Harlan Sanders


It's Harland.


Ha, Harlan Sanders will fix you chicken and then BLOW YOUR EFFIN' MIND WITH HIS SHORT STORIES!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up