Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merriam-Webster Favorite Words  (Read 9550 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Merriam-Webster Favorite Words
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2004, 02:22:14 am »

Was that a cycle or just a process?

Also, I'm stranded on an island now, with a goatee and a banjo. Is there a name for this?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Merriam-Webster Favorite Words
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2004, 03:10:41 am »

According to a study I read by Drs. Nite, Nick A.T. & Land, T.V., these patterns run over and over and over again.  Based on their decades of observation, I'd say it was a cycle.

Goatee + banjo = Hipster doofus.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Merriam-Webster Favorite Words
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2004, 06:48:12 pm »

anecdotal.  i think this is a good word.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Merriam-Webster Favorite Words
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2004, 07:21:46 pm »

I like "malaise."  I once told a boss at one of the more stupid call centres I worked at that I was sick and had to go home because I was suffering from work-related malaise.  I got the rest of day off.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up