Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Atlanta  (Read 6639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:48:47 am »

OK, so I know some of you live down there. I'll be in EtLanna a few days June 7-11. Anyone wanting to take advantage of my Federal Per diem by sucking down at least one free beer feel free to IM me. Government gives me no car. This is a national meeting so many alcoholic public health professionals will be sharing the largesse of Federal Emplyment with me.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:17:14 am »

I am not there, but I am interviewing (by phone) for a job there tomorrow.  If by some miracle I am offered the job, I will need to go down and check it out and figure out if I can live there.  I am crossing my fingers that this is a cosmic omen:  I have to get offered this job because surely I must go visit Atlanta when AlohaDawg is there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 02:06:00 am »

I'm overpowered by the possible synchronicity of it all.

Also, I'm dying for good Indian food that is not Fijian Indian food.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 02:08:36 am »

YO - Atlanta representing.

Free beer? I'm totally in. Meet me at the EAYC on Wednesday (the 9th) at 7:30. I'll be wearing orange. You play darts?

Wombat, are you interviewing at Zoo Atlanta? I know a diet. tech. there. IM me to get a good word in.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:33:06 am »

What is Fijian Indian food?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 05:05:46 am »

Indian food is not always Indian food, I have learned since moving to Hawaii.

You see, the island of Fiji was heavily settled by people from India. The ingredients for cooking, though, are somewhat different and there isolation from the Indian subcontinent caused something of a culinary evolution.

The Indian people in Hawaii often arrived here by way of generations on Fiji and brought this changed cuisine with them. It is different from what I'm used to.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 12:32:50 pm »

If only, if only, if only we weren't having out-of-town guests that week, I'd be thrilled to drive six hours to Atlanta and back in order to have a beer with you guys.  Alas, it is not to be.  

Post photos!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 12:33:37 pm »

Well dagnab it - I'll be out of town that week. Friggin' fillial obligations and all. Enjoy the ATL anyway, and get a little extra crunk for me.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 02:41:18 pm »

Choop and Mite!  You live in Atlanta?!  I thought I didn't know a soul there.  I am going to count this as some kind of cosmic omen.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Atlanta
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 09:14:17 pm »

Atlantans can be sort of happy that their former NHL team is in the finals.

I've been there once.

I have nothing else.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 09:54:04 pm »

Not only do I live in Atlanta, I'm getting some serious foodie cred here -- tonight I'm dining at the hottest new restaurant in town, and on its opening night. We made the first reservation on their books.

Shit, if you had a week to spend and I took that week off, I and mrs|Choop could show you no end of entertainment. Especially food- and drink- related.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 10:06:11 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Not only do I live in Atlanta, I'm getting some serious foodie cred here -- tonight I'm dining at the hottest new restaurant in town, and on its opening night. We made the first reservation on their books.

Shit, if you had a week to spend and I took that week off, I and mrs|Choop could show you no end of entertainment. Especially food- and drink- related.


I'd just be happy to know what/where the EAYC is.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 01:41:19 pm »

EAYC is the Euclid Avenue Yacht Club, a great local/biker bar in the L5P (Little Five Points) neighborhood. Hit Citysearch for directions and reviews. They proffer one of the best burritos in Atlanta, and good beer cheap.

Seriously, though, tell me when you're available and up for what* you might be, if you're not up for that.

*Geez, I hope I put those prepositions in the right order...
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Atlanta
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 03:16:50 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Seriously, though, tell me when you're available and up for what* you might be, if you're not up for that.

*Geez, I hope I put those prepositions in the right order...

It would have been more fun if you had said " . . . for what up you might be . . . "
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 11:47:33 pm »

I'm flying out in a couple hours; I'll be landing 'round breakfast time Monday morning, checking into the Marriott at Lennox Square and probably going straight to a meeting. Leave messages for Mr. Nehal if you're interested in drinkin', eatin', socializin' , etc. I'll be in meetings all week but available at least Weds and Thurs evening; possiby also later in the evenings of Mon and Tues.

Cheers!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up