This is gonna sound so lame, that all your eyes are going to roll simultaneously with a force that might make the earth wobble on its axis.
I'd start a family foundation.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Seriously! I mean, on first winning the money, I'd pay off my house, my credit cards, and my student loans, and put aside money for grad school. Then I'd pay off my parents' houses and credit cards. Then I'd pay for my brother and his wife to have a new house built, since they outgrew their current home about two kids ago. Then I'd pay off my in-laws' house, credit cards, and send my brother-in-law to college. Then I'd buy a second car. Maybe one of them electrical hi-breed thingers.
Then I'd have about $0.50 left.
Hah. Seriously, if I could do all those things and still have more money than I could use right away, it's always been a dream of ours (mine and Pedro's) to start a family foundation that raises and donates funds to various charities. I'd want to support research on diabetes, Crohn's and autism, since those three have a serious impact on my immediate family. And I'd want to provide scholarships for autistic preschoolers whose families can't afford occupational therapy. I'd want to support historians-in-training who intend to study minority groups in the US through research grants and scholarships. I'd want to form a think tank to study different ways to improve healthcare in America. And I'd probably do a good deal of donating to the college theatre program Pedro came through. So a family foundation makes more sense than just splitting the money up among various causes, since its whole purpose is to make the money grow and become more useful to other people. Plus, it's a nice tax shelter.
Or, what the hell, maybe I'd just run for Governor or something. If there's one thing Brewster's Millions has taught us, it's how to waste the most money in the least amount of time.
I LEARNED MORALS FROM RICHARD PRYOR MOVIES