Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-Bush video game  (Read 8426 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 07:44:08 pm »

Damn straight. I played Zuma for like 3 hours a day a couple months ago.
Oh and if you want some real fun play Insaniquarium for an hour then try to explain it to somebody. Preferrably a non-geek. That's quality entertainment.

"So you have this giraffe tank with little baby giraffe. And you need to feed them so they don't die but the food isn't free. But your giraffe poop money, right? And bigger giraffe poop larger denominations. Then you have to fight off these aliens that storm in and try to eat your giraffe. So you're all like, 'get off my giraffe tentacle monster, they have money to shit!'"
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 07:47:46 pm »

For the love of all that is holy, do NOT play Gold Miner if you value your time.  Please, I beg you.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 02:08:43 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Zuma


Dammit, there's $20 I'm not at all sorry I spent.  

Well, I had to try the downloadable demo.  And by the time it expired, I was on level five.  I mean, I didn't want to lose all my progress, you see.  

Worth.  

Every.  

Penny.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2004, 12:09:15 am »

I'm into weird japanese dating sims lately.

yes, i am single, how did you know?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2004, 12:24:55 am »

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 03:42:56 am »

A (novice) adventurer is me! I've got a 5 level Sauceror going, but I'm a little wary of getting to committed to the game if it's just going to be reset and I'll have to start all over.  However, I would be happy to accept any advice you have to offer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 04:03:26 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
A (novice) adventurer is me! I've got a 5 level Sauceror going, but I'm a little wary of getting to committed to the game if it's just going to be reset and I'll have to start all over.  However, I would be happy to accept any advice you have to offer.

See, I'm thinking of the reset as a blessing; I can figure out all the secrets and screw around, and if I do anything desperately maiming, hey, eventual restart.

Anyway, I'm not that much farther along than you are -- I've got two level 7 characters, an Accordion Thief and a Turtle Tamer, and a level 2 Sauceror I just started today -- but I suppose I can give some advice. How far along are you in terms of quests?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2004, 04:08:09 am »

Not very.

I've dealt with the Toot Oriole.

I've built my car.

I've protected the gourd.

I've cleaned the rats out of the tavern.

And that's about it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 04:56:56 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap

If this keeps going yet another split is a-comin'
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2004, 05:17:49 am »

Dude, if you get off on moderatin' that much, knock yourself out!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2004, 02:54:24 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap



Curses!  Why did I have to be informed of this the week before exams!
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2004, 05:50:05 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap



Curses!  Why did I have to be informed of this the week before exams!


Relax.  The game practically plays itself!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2004, 02:30:30 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap



Curses!  Why did I have to be informed of this the week before exams!


Relax.  The game practically plays itself!


that's what the Illuminati [1] told GW before the primaries! [2]

--

First off, the footnotes thing.  it's addicting.  i don't get the setting the font size to so small i have to go to effort to read it thing, but i've never felt such subconscious desire to foot note rather than parenthesise ever in my life.

[1] even though i used to be a fair to middling standing member of a Texas UFO Death Cult AND have a tattoo that involves an item of "religious" signifigance to said cult, i am NOT a firm believer in the Illuminati per se, but from now on rather than try to frustratedly explain my political ennui or deliniate to others who is fuck*ng me and mine over in the big picture, i'm just going to wave my hands and mumble "the illuminatis" from now on.  or at least until the second cup of coffee.


[2]  relax any pro- or anti- lovers or supporters, i fear and misunderstand all political figures equally, or if not equally than at the least closely enough for government work.  i'm just trying to get the thread back to the topic on hand, making fun of the current administration.


edit- wow, that was a lot of typing for a stupid joke.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Anti-Bush video game
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2004, 11:48:39 pm »

I fear no split!

Anyway, August -- I'd start fighting in the Bat Hole. Fight in the Entryway for a while, until you get a Pine-Fresh Air Freshener; equipping it will get you Stench Resistance and let you start fighting in Guano Junction. Once you get three sonars-in-a-biscuit, use them all to unlock the Boss Bat, but that should keep you for a while.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up