Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: am-bu-lance: June 2/04  (Read 7376 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« on: June 02, 2004, 10:22:17 am »

That is one epic last panel.  My stars.  
I also am very much into that chair in which Spongebath is seated.

Link

Edited to add link to strip.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 11:05:39 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 11:11:42 am »

Wow. Spongebath makes me think of one of the memebers of the Deftones.
Good hat.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 12:41:50 pm »

Dang, Emeril has some serious eyebrows goin' on. I bet those didn't come from a box.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 02:33:18 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Wow. Spongebath makes me think of one of the members of the Deftones.
Good hat.


I was going to say something along the lines of, gee, I'm glad that Onstad's gift subscription to Lowrider magazine finally started coming in, but yeah.

Spongebath. Serious Times, dogg.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 03:14:17 pm »

Cort - do you have all of the archive strips cross-referenced in a database by topic, or do you look them up each time?

llimllib

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 03:15:10 pm »

A fat character! has achewood ever had a fat character before? Not to my recollection.

Spongebath made me think of fat albert - a combination of albert and mushmouth, what with the covered eyes.
Logged
Peace.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 04:09:46 pm »

Quote from: "llimllib"
A fat character! has achewood ever had a fat character before? Not to my recollection.

Not unless you count Ray. Or the ice cream parlor guy.

Quote from: "Jough"
Cort - do you have all of the archive strips cross-referenced in a database by topic, or do you look them up each time?

I look 'em up. I've gotten pretty good at guessing what Onstad's title will be in the archive. Although one time I got really frustrated and determined and spent like 10 minutes searching for a strip before I realized it was a Serializer.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 04:49:24 pm »

Don't forget Arthur

Stay OFF the beach!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 05:02:55 pm »

I'm getting this strong Jay and Silent Bob feel here.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 05:05:58 pm »

Quote from: "llimllib"
A fat character! has achewood ever had a fat character before? Not to my recollection.

Spongebath made me think of fat albert - a combination of albert and mushmouth, what with the covered eyes.


Thanks a lot, now I have that god damn Fat Albert theme song stuck in my head!

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 06:54:09 pm »

Deep fry my cornbread.  Jell-O shots and sweet sweet effin' do take it's toll on a body some.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 07:03:59 pm »

Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Deep fry my cornbread.  Jell-O shots and sweet sweet effin' do take it's toll on a body some.

Best strip summary EVER.

Anyway, this I like. I get the feeling we're never going to see Spongebath or Emeril again, but that's okay, because sometimes characters don't need to recur.

Now I'm wondering about Uncle Culpepper's Condition, though.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 07:40:13 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Deep fry my cornbread.  Jell-O shots and sweet sweet effin' do take it's toll on a body some.

Best strip summary EVER.

Anyway, this I like. I get the feeling we're never going to see Spongebath or Emeril again, but that's okay, because sometimes characters don't need to recur.

Now I'm wondering about Uncle Culpepper's Condition, though.

I bet he turns into an unstoppable killing machine after a moment of pure happiness. No, that's not right.

He turns into an ogre at sundown. That isn't it either.

I dunno. Night terrors?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 07:43:20 pm »

Silent Bob, yes, but I don't see the Jay in Emeril.  Emeril kind of reminds me of that one chef ... kind of famous ... thick eyebrows ... what the fuck's his name?

Come to think of it, Spongebath kind of reminds me of a Cypress Hill type dude.  Yeah, he definitely owns a lowrider, possibly one of those lowrider bicycles, or possibly the real thing.  I can't tell how old he is.

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm getting this strong Jay and Silent Bob feel here.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
am-bu-lance: June 2/04
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 07:58:44 pm »

I tried so hard to find an image of this, but I didn't come very close:

http://www.hiwheel.com/site_graphics/cust_photos/larry_mini2.jpg
or
http://www.hiwheel.com/site_graphics/cust_photos/charlesh1.jpg

I love finding stuff like this - these people exist in the world, they're going their thing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up