Question from the disease guy:
1) What else did you eat besides the chicken in the preceding 72 hours?
2) How long between eating the chicken and nausea? How long to vomiting? Were there other GI symptoms?
3) Did your man eat the chicken? Did he get sick?
4) Was the chicken frozen, then thawed or bought fresh?
I ask because 12 hours is about the fastest I can imagine a common foodborne illness hitting you after ingestion. Salmonella, Shigella, E. Coli, Botulism, Campylobacter all usually take at least a day to really get you good and sick - although most cases are 'mild' they usually involve more than vomiting - bloody, loose stools are common.
Hurrah! More discussion about my body functions! This does need to be move to another thread. I'm still horribly sick, but have an appointment with my Doctor tomorrow for a totally unrelated reasons thyroid and arthritis test results.
1) The preceding 72 hours included eating at several family functions related to my guy - everyone ate the same stuff as me, but no one got sick.
2) After eating the chicken, nausea about 5 hours later, vomit 6 hours later. Other symptoms: headache, and the runs. All symtoms continue today, the third full day of ickiness.
3) No he didn't eat any of the said chicken. We both previously got food poisoning about a year ago from a restaurant, and he only got sick the next day, where as I was sick for over a week, and I haven't been the same since - constant heartburn, and an intolerance to overly greasy foods.
4) The chicken was bough fresh the day before it was prepared.
As for the recipe, I don't ever want to even think about Tandoori right now, and since I clearly don't know how to cook it right, lets just not go there.[/quote]