Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I use the five-letter word?  (Read 9451 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lane

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lanemcfadden.net
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« on: June 03, 2004, 08:47:11 pm »

*****.

What's the story here?
Logged
He gets with the ladies, but in the end they do not like him.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 08:51:53 pm »

Sorry, was that ##### or *****?

[preview: awesome. I did not realize there was a difference.]
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 08:53:14 pm »

Pantzuh and rowbott seem to work.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 08:56:07 pm »

Please stop with the cursing.  My virgin ears are bleeding.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 09:05:34 pm »

Admin induced societal anomaly.  It's one of the little quirks that make this place special.  Every board has their grammar nazis and their peni-centric discussions.  But few boards prevent you from describing what kind of ##### a ***** wears.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 09:20:14 pm »

Quote from: "Krusty"
Back then, you couldn't say "#####" on TV.  I was banned for ten years.


Ahh, The Simpsons.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/CABF10
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 10:18:40 pm »

Quote from: Lane
#####.

What's the story here?
Real answer: it's a holdover from when this board was part of Dumbrella. RStevens (who runs that site/writes Diesel Sweeties) would occasionally go mad with power and ban random words that he felt people used too much.

For some reason both ***** and ***** stuck and were banned pretty much perpetually. Jough keeps them banned here so we don't forget our roots.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:10:28 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Re: Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 10:22:35 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Lane"
#####.

What's the story here?

Real answer: it's a holdover from when this board was part of Dumbrella. RStevens (who runs that site/writes Diesel Sweeties) would occasionally go mad with power and ban random words that he felt people used too much.

For some reason both ##### and robot stuck and were banned pretty much perpetually. Jough keeps them banned here so we don't forget our roots.


Who is clever? CortJstr, that's who!
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 11:13:02 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"


Who is clever? CortJstr, that's who!


Naaaaah, he's just old and wrinkly like Abe Simpson is all.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 12:20:29 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Who is clever? CortJstr, that's who!

Naaaaah, he's just old and wrinkly like Abe Simpson is all.

Don't make me repost the picture of my chest from Dumbrella. I'll do it!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 03:19:56 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  


I'm so glad we have folks like Cort, who consistently provide us with the proper links to Achewood strips, fill us in on Dumbrella lore, and generally make sure that everybody's keeping up.  

CortJstr, this one's for you.  

*chug*

*applause*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 03:26:29 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  

I'm so glad we have folks like Cort, who consistently provide us with the proper links to Achewood strips, fill us in on Dumbrella lore, and generally make sure that everybody's keeping up.  

CortJstr, this one's for you.  

*chug*

*applause*

::bow::

::catching of room keys and panties thrown by adoring fans::

::little dance::
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 02:13:47 pm »

Cute.  I want to see this little dance.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 03:28:16 pm »

When your little dance is done, can I have my panties back?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 03:46:40 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
When your little dance is done, can I have my panties back?


Not before you take your photograph.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up