Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I use the five-letter word?  (Read 9428 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 04:30:06 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jldunston"
When your little dance is done, can I have my panties back?

Not before you take your photograph.

Wombat, this response cannot be topped. Awesome.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 05:10:38 pm »

This is the second day in a row that a guy has responded to me with the word 'awesome' here.  Dang, why is the Internet so much better than real life?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 05:22:34 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
This is the second day in a row that a guy has responded to me with the word 'awesome' here.  Dang, why is the Internet so much better than real life?


You think that's cool?  Some hot babe a couple forums over just called one of my anecdotes 'fascinating'.

Chicks dig me.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2004, 06:50:31 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
This is the second day in a row that a guy has responded to me with the word 'awesome' here.  Dang, why is the Internet so much better than real life?

It's not always. I bet we could find gobs of fora that are "teh suq" compared to real life.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2004, 07:19:39 pm »

Like, say, not one, but two threads about the internal workings (or failings) of yours truly?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2004, 07:50:11 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's not always. I bet we could find gobs of fora that are "teh suq" compared to real life.


Pretty much a direct quote from a Homestar Runner forum I checked out once:  "Do you get it?  He said 'Excardon me,' which is like combining 'excuse me' and 'pardon me.'"

I like it here because you all aren't idiots.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2004, 09:12:38 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's not always. I bet we could find gobs of fora that are "teh suq" compared to real life.


Pretty much a direct quote from a Homestar Runner forum I checked out once:  "Do you get it?  He said 'Excardon me,' which is like combining 'excuse me' and 'pardon me.'"

I like it here because you all aren't idiots.

Ah, Homestar Runner; why do you attract the stupidest fans on the goddamn face of the Earth? Even stupider than (insert trendy webcomic you don't like here)?

For a while I was subscribed, purely for train-wreck potential, to an e-mail list dedicated to Homestar Runner porn. Now that was a terrifying interweb experience.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2004, 09:54:31 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

You think that's cool?  Some hot babe a couple forums over just called one of my anecdotes 'fascinating'.

Chicks dig me.


Oh my, we certainly do.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 03:30:45 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Ah, Homestar Runner; why do you attract the stupidest fans on the goddamn face of the Earth? Even stupider than (insert trendy webcomic you don't like here)?


Be thankful.  If it didn't whose grammar, spelling and punctuation would Strong Bad make fun of?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 09:32:51 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's not always. I bet we could find gobs of fora that are "teh suq" compared to real life.


Pretty much a direct quote from a Homestar Runner forum I checked out once:  "Do you get it?  He said 'Excardon me,' which is like combining 'excuse me' and 'pardon me.'"

I like it here because you all aren't idiots.

Are you sure you don't mean "you aren't all idiots"?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 01:33:50 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's not always. I bet we could find gobs of fora that are "teh suq" compared to real life.


Pretty much a direct quote from a Homestar Runner forum I checked out once:  "Do you get it?  He said 'Excardon me,' which is like combining 'excuse me' and 'pardon me.'"

I like it here because you all aren't idiots.

Are you sure you don't mean "you aren't all idiots"?


or, if he was from the north-east, maybe he meant "youse guys".

or,
or,
or,

we could just kill off dialects and everyone wear star trek uniforms.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 02:18:54 pm »

Oh, I meant more in terms of "you aren't all idiots", meaning that we would all be thinking "yeah, AugustWest and Doomglobe and Pedro and I are pretty bright, but the rest of these guys . . . hoo boy."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 02:18:56 pm »

Or if I was from Pittsburgh, "yinz guise."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 02:44:21 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Oh, I meant more in terms of "you aren't all idiots", meaning that we would all be thinking "yeah, AugustWest and Doomglobe and Pedro and I are pretty bright, but the rest of these guys . . . hoo boy."


Woo Hoo!  I made the list.  

I am so smart. S-M-R-T!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 02:55:25 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Woo Hoo!  I made the list.


Of course you did, Jeopardy-boy.  And while I am also exuberant to be included, I suspect The Brush just put me on there lest I fault his etiquette.

Often overlooked rule: It's rude to make a list of smart people that doesn't include me.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up