Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I use the five-letter word?  (Read 9431 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2004, 02:58:29 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Woo Hoo!  I made the list.


Of course you did, Jeopardy-boy.  And while I am also exuberant to be included, I suspect The Brush just put me on there lest I fault his etiquette.

Often overlooked rule: It's rude to make a list of smart people that doesn't include me.

No, no - my etiquette is fucked. It can't be that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2004, 10:12:54 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
For a while I was subscribed, purely for train-wreck potential, to an e-mail list dedicated to Homestar Runner porn. Now that was a terrifying interweb experience.


I can't, nor do I want to, wrap my mind around that idea.  :cry:
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2004, 12:28:56 pm »

Ol' Marzipan must have been pretty busy, being the only girl and all.

Unless...
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2004, 10:29:45 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Ol' Marzipan must have been pretty busy, being the only girl and all.

Unless...

Your "unless" was entirely accurate, incidentally -- this was the kind of list populated entirely by teenage girls who did their utmost to totally ignore Marzipan's presence.

Coach Z, however, got overrepresented in a way that still sort of chills me.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2004, 10:42:58 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Coach Z, however, got overrepresented in a way that still sort of chills me.


Would this be some sort of "Mandingo Cliché"?

Or, rather, "Mandango Clitchy"?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2004, 02:24:12 am »

No, more like a Mindarngo Clertchy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2004, 07:10:50 am »

That's right. Forum's got nards!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2004, 01:18:52 pm »

I am going to pick up our softball team's division championship trophy today.  As long as it's in my possession, I will say "Here the Chort have a trophy!" to myself over and over and over.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Why can't I use the five-letter word?
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2004, 09:31:18 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I am going to pick up our softball team's division championship trophy today.  As long as it's in my possession, I will say "Here the Chort have a trophy!" to myself over and over and over.

This is absolutely appropriate and I applaud you for it.

(Congratulations on the division win, incidentally.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up