Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crazy-style lockdown  (Read 4135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
crazy-style lockdown
« on: August 07, 2003, 08:35:41 pm »

What's with this board being ruled with an iron fist?

At least with the "official" achewood board, it was Chris doing the fisting... so to speak.  Here, it's just a couple of normal people being overly harsh about what can and cannot be said.

What the crap is that?
Logged

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
locking
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 08:39:19 pm »

The idea of locking ‘off-topic’ threads was Onstad’s habit, as far as I could tell. I don’t know the criteria for getting them locked here, but it’s surprised me.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 08:46:58 pm »

This is not about Achewood.

Moving to the Community forum.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 08:51:29 pm »

Hi guys.  I understand your concerns.  However, there is space dedicated on this board to bullshit, and I'd like to keep it out of the Achewood forums.  I spelled all this out in the Rules and Regulations.  Check it out if you have questions.  

Besides, it wouldn't be an Achewood board without some arbitrary totalitarianism, now would it?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 08:52:01 pm »

Actually I'm just waiting for somebody to post something remotely lockable just for the rush of power.

Otherwise we're half mocking Onstad's lockophilia and half trying to taper off the "Why'd he close the board? He sucks!" threads and move on. That's my interpretation, anyway.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 08:53:34 pm »

Well spoken, young Jstr.  There is hope for you yet.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 08:53:36 pm »

I'm glad he closed the boards.  I like this one better, and I say that not simply because I'm hosting it.

Anyway, I tend to lock threads for any capricious whim, or when they become lame and stale.

This thread, incidentally, has become lame and stale.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 09:04:48 pm »

I think if you rule that way, you should make everyone a moderator for everything.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 09:08:08 pm »

Well, you complainers have posted only 9 and 8 posts respectively (most about how you like the smell of your own shit), so your opinion garners seriously less weight than the rest of the community as to how things are run.

Sorry, that's just how it works.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
crazy-style lockdown
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 09:08:55 pm »

This is not a democracy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up