Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: June 14, 2004 - Molly?  (Read 7679 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2004, 05:08:34 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Bozack's Avatar is working for me.  Could be a cache thing, somehow.


Damn the cache!
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2004, 05:14:50 am »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
I heard creepy 30s jazz the whole time I was reading that strip. Tres Betty Boop.


Funny thing - I was listening to some 30s jazz today here: http://www.dismuke.org/radio/ .  I didn't think it really sounded creepy.  Until I looked at today's strip again.  Then it sounded creepy.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2004, 05:54:59 am »

Here is some more cool old-timey jazz. In fact, all of the music on Bliss Blood's website is really amazing; the Moonlighters make me want to buy a uke.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2004, 01:21:02 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Sweet Jesus. I go away for a few days and smoke too much pot, and come back to THIS? This is definitely my karmatic payment for ganja. Well, that and being around 90,000 hippies for a weekend.


How was Bonnaroo?  I made it last year and the year before, but there's a pretty decent festival going on this weekend closer to me that I decided to do instead this year...
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2004, 03:47:58 pm »

I have to agree with Pedro here. This is a sad strip and a jarring strip (especially when experienced through "dum te dum te dum, let's catch up with my archives"-vision), but more importantly it's entirely novel. There's something to be said for that.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2004, 07:47:20 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

How was Bonnaroo?  I made it last year and the year before, but there's a pretty decent festival going on this weekend closer to me that I decided to do instead this year...

It was actually pretty awesome. I believe that, in the final days, jam bands will ride with the four hossmen of the apocalypse, striking down the righteous and unrighteous, so the headliners didn't really do anything for me. But....David Byrne? Wilco? Camper Van Beethoven? Calexico? Many more? Those did me fine, thanks. The only bad thing is, before Bonnaroo, I had smoked weed twice. I smoked weed about 6 times during Bonnaroo. I bought a damn PIPE. I went to Bonnaroo a normal teenager and came back an f'in STONER.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2004, 09:09:05 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I went to Bonnaroo a normal teenager and came back an f'in STONER.


Welcome to the cabal.  Have you learned the secret handshake yet?

Oh, yes, and I continue to envy you your presence at said festival.  Especially since I'm missing Lollapalooza to be away taking a freaking French course.  They'd damn well better have the internet out in Eastern Quebec or I will be one sad, scared geek.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2004, 10:53:30 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Welcome to the cabal.  Have you learned the secret handshake yet?


That's the one where unless you are a stoner, you looke uncomfortable and fumble hands with the other person. Yea.

I wanted to do some of the festivals this year but no chance. Looks like the only thing I might get to go see is The Cat Empire.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2004, 06:00:23 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Welcome to the cabal.  Have you learned the secret handshake yet?


Ha, when I typed up that first post, I was like, at some point, andalucia's going to comment on this, STONER THAT SHE IS.
Yeah, Lollapalooza's gonna blow my freaking head away. Also, a few friends and I are already making plans to go to next years Bonnaroo, so if you can get to Louisville, Kentucky, we can drive you from there.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2004, 12:38:37 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Also, a few friends and I are already making plans to go to next years Bonnaroo, so if you can get to Louisville, Kentucky, we can drive you from there.


An Achewood campsite next year would rock...
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2004, 03:40:28 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

An Achewood campsite next year would rock...


If I am finally on that continent by then, then I can take care of all stoner supplies for an Achewood campsite. Would rock...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2004, 04:10:25 pm »

Stoner campsite?  Aren't all campsites stoner campsites?  And as for stoner handshakes - that’s when you shake your hands in front of your face, realise how cool your hands are, then wave them in front of yourself for a good 5 minutes, isn't it?  I know that one.  Hell yeah.

There is a great deal of foreboding in this and the following strip.  The fog will roll in soon.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2004, 08:01:06 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Ha, when I typed up that first post, I was like, at some point, andalucia's going to comment on this, STONER THAT SHE IS.


Blast!  Who knew that I was so predictab....ohh... shiny...

</inevitable>
Logged
goose means greedy

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2004, 03:24:35 am »

I just realized - the character smoking the pipe is a dog.  The only other dog I ever remember appearing in achewood was poor, lost Scrambles.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
June 14, 2004 - Molly?
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2004, 12:05:32 pm »

I'd have sworn rabbit, which (I believe) would be a first.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up