Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: AlohaDawg's Father's Day Gift, and the Mystery Thereof  (Read 9418 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
AlohaDawg's Father's Day Gift, and the Mystery Thereof
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 02:17:33 am »

A theremin is indeed the fine thingy represented in the website you cited.  

And look!  I am pretending to be a real moderator!  I did something!
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
AlohaDawg's Father's Day Gift, and the Mystery Thereof
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 06:10:23 am »

Theremins are rocking cool, but I got my Elderly Music catalogue today, and that is filling my alternative instrument fetish. If you're getting into banjo-ing, you should really check out the website. And what is next on my plan to be master of off-the-beaten-path instruments?

BEHOLD THE STROH VIOLIN. PART VIOLIN, PART PHONOGRAPH. I'm damned good at violin, if I can say so myself, and the leap to phono-fiddling shouldn't be that hard....updates as they come in.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
AlohaDawg's Father's Day Gift, and the Mystery Thereof
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2004, 09:54:50 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I was about to ponder what the point was of splitting a thread in a wild card category, but you know, when you get Giddy on those mad mod powers, you gotta let them loose once in awhile, right?



No, really, it was totally a public service.  I imagined someone a couple of weeks from now trying to find the thread where the theramin had been discussed (however it is spelled), and I felt sorry for them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up