Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)  (Read 5477 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« on: June 16, 2004, 02:03:10 am »

Sweet merciful crap this might be the best Ray's Place ever. Ever!

The constantly extending salmon recipe reminded me of Monty Python for some reason that I'm sure will dawn on me in a week or so.

I can only hope whoever asked Ray about tofu intend to me mocked because that's just asking for it. Remember "Vegetables Delight"?

Then there's the vodka.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 02:05:28 am »

Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life'.

Death comes to the dinner party:

It waaaaaas the Sallllllllmon Mooooooousssssse.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 07:02:41 am »

Quote from: "Ray"
...it’s kind of like having a diamond stud through the side of your glans: you know it’s there, and that it’s awesome.


LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT RAY HAS COME OUT FIRMLY ON THE SIDE OF COCK PIERCINGS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 04:57:29 pm »

My favorite detail of this Ray's Place is definitely the switch for the rim spinners, bored to reduce weight.  

On his SUV.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 03:50:11 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The constantly extending salmon recipe reminded me of Monty Python for some reason that I'm sure will dawn on me in a week or so.


Probably the Spanish Inquisition sketch.
"Our greatest weapon is fear and terror! ..our two! Two greatest weapons are fear, terror, and the element of surprise! ..no, our THREE greatest weapons are fear, terror, surprise, and a near-maniacal devotion to the Pope! . . . AMONGST OUR WEAPONS are..."

That was not actually the correct script of the sketch but it illustrates the basic structure of the passage of which I suspect you were reminded by the salmon recipe.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 12:47:12 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The constantly extending salmon recipe reminded me of Monty Python for some reason that I'm sure will dawn on me in a week or so.


Probably the Spanish Inquisition sketch.
"Our greatest weapon is fear and terror! ..our two! Two greatest weapons are fear, terror, and the element of surprise! ..no, our THREE greatest weapons are fear, terror, surprise, and a near-maniacal devotion to the Pope! . . . AMONGST OUR WEAPONS are..."

That was not actually the correct script of the sketch but it illustrates the basic structure of the passage of which I suspect you were reminded by the salmon recipe.

That sounds about right. Although I think they used that same basic formula multiple times.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 04:17:34 pm »

I just wanted to say I really want a bottle of that vodka Ray was talking about.  

On the other hand, I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning right quick if I got my hands on a bottle of that stuff.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 04:32:21 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
I just wanted to say I really want a bottle of that vodka Ray was talking about.  

On the other hand, I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning right quick if I got my hands on a bottle of that stuff.


You can achieve a similar flavor by making a Bloody Mary with Clamato juice.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 05:52:00 pm »

Supercock101, I almost deleted you last night because I thought you were a signup bot.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, NON-DOUCHEBAG HUMAN

V-Adore

  • Guest
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 06:16:35 pm »

There is something terrible about the idea of a Clamato Bloody Mary. Then again, that may be my totally morbid (but nonetheless, in my mind, rational) fear of Clamato.

I will just say that I miss the days when Ray gave advice about something other than food and pets. He used to be real, dogg. I understand that it's boring and repetitive to answer three billion e-mails about whether you should ask some guy out, but I liked it when there was more substance to the advice column, you know?
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 06:17:39 pm »

I'm a real human boy, and I'm proud that my first post up in this was about Clamato.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 06:21:55 pm »

Your new name is "Clamato."

WELCOME, CLAMATO!

HAVE YOU MET BOZACK?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 06:27:15 pm »

I love Clamato.  Man, that's some tasty stuff.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 06:43:28 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
There is something terrible about the idea of a Clamato Bloody Mary. Then again, that may be my totally morbid (but nonetheless, in my mind, rational) fear of Clamato.

I will just say that I miss the days when Ray gave advice about something other than food and pets. He used to be real, dogg. I understand that it's boring and repetitive to answer three billion e-mails about whether you should ask some guy out, but I liked it when there was more substance to the advice column, you know?


The thing is I think Onstad thought answering "real" questions was an obligation that he had to spend a lot of time on: the earliest Ray's Place columns seemed to go on forever (to the point where I didn't finish reading most of them). Eventually he got fed up and quit. Later he returned with shorter columns dealing with more trivial problems. These tend to be more enjoyable to read (for me), because it feels like he's actually enjoying writing them more.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

V-Adore

  • Guest
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 07:09:31 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
There is something terrible about the idea of a Clamato Bloody Mary. Then again, that may be my totally morbid (but nonetheless, in my mind, rational) fear of Clamato.

I will just say that I miss the days when Ray gave advice about something other than food and pets. He used to be real, dogg. I understand that it's boring and repetitive to answer three billion e-mails about whether you should ask some guy out, but I liked it when there was more substance to the advice column, you know?


The thing is I think Onstad thought answering "real" questions was an obligation that he had to spend a lot of time on: the earliest Ray's Place columns seemed to go on forever (to the point where I didn't finish reading most of them). Eventually he got fed up and quit. Later he returned with shorter columns dealing with more trivial problems. These tend to be more enjoyable to read (for me), because it feels like he's actually enjoying writing them more.

Well, to each his/her own, I suppose. I personally preferred my Ray's Place with something more resembling substance, especially because Ray/'stad can give pretty good advice when the effort's there, but if it's just not worth it for him to try, that's the way it is.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up