Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)  (Read 5451 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004, 07:37:58 pm »

Do you know that you can buy Clam Juice all by itself?  I actually examined it the last time I was at the grocery store - it's murky and has (what I hope are) Clam bits in it.  It was in a clear glass bottle, not like the can pictured below.

 That's right - you can clammy up anything you like!

http://www.chincoteagueseafood.com/products/ocean_clam_juice.htm

The picture on this can makes it look like it's something you can just drink staight.  Which, is, just, wow.

Side note: whenever I see "BOZACK" I think, "BALLSACK," and then "BALZAC."  Yep.  That's how it works for me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 08:16:32 pm »

Why certainly I know about Clam Juice.  Good for making sauces.  Especially clam sauces.  Not so good in chocolate sauce.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 08:43:15 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Supercock101, I almost deleted you last night because I thought you were a signup bot.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, NON-DOUCHEBAG HUMAN

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person sub-consciously inserting a "c" into his name.

Also, I prefer Ray's Place with a mix of mocking and real answers. The all serious ones were too long and the ones that are all "have some dignity" seem kind of cheap. A compromise was required.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 10:05:38 pm »

I know I could use google, but what the fuck is clamato anyway!?
Ah well, google it is...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 04:10:40 am »

I do believe Clamato is defined as "capitalism run amok."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2004, 04:10:45 am »

Quote from: "slink"
I know I could use google, but what the fuck is clamato anyway!?
Ah well, google it is...


me too, please add me to the list.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004, 06:53:47 am »

Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in.  The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.

See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."

[with apologies to Richard Jeni]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 12:52:26 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in.  The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.

See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."

[with apologies to Richard Jeni]

(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 01:06:06 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in.  The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.

See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."

[with apologies to Richard Jeni]

(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)


Shouldn't this post have a link to an old strip in it somewhere?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 01:41:42 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in.  The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.

See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."


http://www.cyberis.net/~innercom/Canoe/quest15.html

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"

[with apologies to Richard Jeni]

(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)


Shouldn't this post have a link to an old strip in it somewhere?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 03:23:47 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in.  The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.

See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."

[with apologies to Richard Jeni]

(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)


Shouldn't this post have a link to an old strip in it somewhere?


Do I look like some kind of CortJstr to you?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2004, 04:15:16 pm »

Hey, when did this start getting insulting? Or was it all along and I just didn't notice? Am I in middle school again or something?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2004, 05:02:49 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Am I in middle school again or something?


What makes you think anybody ever gets to leave?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2004, 08:16:41 pm »

Quote from: "Everyone"
Far too much about clams.


This morning I drove to Ottawa with a friend who needed a grad dress*.  This, much to my dismay, invoved a whole lot of being in trendy teenage-girl stores in a mall.  However, one store redeemed itself briefly in my eyes in having a shirt that I thought said "CLAM" in pink sequins.  Alas, it turned out to say Glam.  I'll never understand the younger generation.





*I'm done high school.... done high school forever....
Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Mother-of-tasty (RP - Jun 15, 04)
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2004, 08:24:59 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
one store redeemed itself briefly in my eyes in having a shirt that I thought said "CLAM" in pink sequins.  Alas, it turned out to say Glam.  I'll never understand the younger generation.

*I'm done high school.... done high school forever....


Was this at Le Chateau?  It's sounds a lot like Le Chateau.  I'm friends with a pack of queer guys who all work at Le Crap-eau - and they get really mad when I call it that.  "Oh you work at Le Crap-eau?  Ruining the seld-esteem of pre-teens are we?"

You'll be amazed at how certain real life situations turn out to be exactly like high school.  I have been in several situations in work environments where I was suddenly back in hightschool.  There is no escape from highschool.  Sorry.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up