Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle  (Read 4018 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« on: June 17, 2004, 01:23:36 pm »

I have very little to say about this strip.  I just haven't had the opportunity to start a daily topic for a while.

I'd like to have some world leaders over for a barbecue.  That would be fun.  I'd make pulled pork.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 04:14:06 pm »

This strip was funny enough that I forgot about being pissed because Onstad still isn't letting us know what's happening with Beef and Molly.  I mean, we learned that Philippe and Ray (the childhood version, anyway) are BASICALLY RACIST! Even if they didn't mean it.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 05:31:31 pm »

Ha, man, anything can be funny with "basically" in front. Basically treasure, basically racist, basically dumb. Good stuff.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 05:36:54 pm »

Basically a decent strip.

ba-dum!

I'm sorry. It's been a long day already and I am very tired.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 05:43:31 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

I'd like to have some world leaders over for a barbecue.  That would be fun.  I'd make pulled pork.


Yeah, that'd go over very well with the Jews and Muslims.

I guess Onstad's taking a break from "the funny" for awhile and going with the "vaguely disinteresting."

Shame.  The Burned-Down Heaven storyline has so much promise, and the 'stad can't think of anything to do with it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 06:03:17 pm »

I beg to differ.  I am sure he can think of what to do with it.  He just wants to torture us by making us wait to find out.  He enjoys seeing us writhe under his mighty powers of emotional manipulation with which he can make us suffer agonies over the fate of a probably temporarily dead cartoon cat.  Of course I mean he would enjoy it, that is, if he read the messageboard.

No, no, I mean he kindly granted my wish to see Philippe again!  And to have a respite from all the tragedy!  Thank you!



PS. Carlos, love the avatar.
pps. counting down the minutes till the grammar cops debate starts on that usage of 'disinteresting'.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 02:00:41 am »

Now don't get me wrong.  I love Philippe.  He's great.  I plan on voting for him.  The frist strips I ever read featured him, and I was hooked instantly.  It's just that lately he doesn't seem to have the same charm.  I'm a bit tired of Candidate Philippe.

Quote from: "wombat"
No, no, I mean he kindly granted my wish to see Philippe again!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 03:17:10 am »

Quote from: "miles"
I'm a bit tired of Candidate Philippe.


Funny, I'm the other way around. I really didn't care for the whole Philippe for President storyline at all when it began (the highlights of the first chunk probably being Todd's interview and "Tell me you're not financing his campaign"), but the last few strips have been really quite funny. Maybe Onstad is just writing a Philippe / Prez strip whenever he thinks of something funny to do with it, as opposed to feeling obligated to carry an entire arc with the concept.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 03:36:16 am »

The storyline isn't that bad.  It just seems that Philippe's a bit different than before.  Kinda miss the old guy.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "miles"
I'm a bit tired of Candidate Philippe.


Funny, I'm the other way around. I really didn't care for the whole Philippe for President storyline at all when it began (the highlights of the first chunk probably being Todd's interview and "Tell me you're not financing his campaign"), but the last few strips have been really quite funny. Maybe Onstad is just writing a Philippe / Prez strip whenever he thinks of something funny to do with it, as opposed to feeling obligated to carry an entire arc with the concept.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 06:56:39 am »

I never thought "Cum on Feel the Noise" would someday spawn a .sig quote.

Wild wild wild.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 03:56:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

I'd like to have some world leaders over for a barbecue.  That would be fun.  I'd make pulled pork.


Yeah, that'd go over very well with the Jews and Muslims.
Quote


When I wrote that, I thought about adding "plus something else for the Jews and Muslims," but opted not to bother.  Leave it to Jough to call me out on it.

wombat, thanks for the avatar props.  I decided having the title and location, AND the avatar of the Mayor, was a little too obvious.  Moo I say, moo.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 07:28:40 pm »

Aie.  I didn't like this one so much.
Logged
goose means greedy

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 05:42:38 pm »

just wanted to say

it says tought TATTIE

not TATTLE
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 10:41:51 pm »

tought

tough

while we're being picky.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 01:40:51 am »

well it's weird, in the discuss thing asherdan is like "it's a tough tattle because blah" and in the transcription it says tattle and in the message board thread everybody says tattle but it says TATTIE it's WEIRD
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up