Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One missing piece of the pie; also, a challenge to myself.  (Read 2881 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
One missing piece of the pie; also, a challenge to myself.
« on: August 08, 2003, 04:30:44 am »

Challenge: I will say neither "a|\|d" or "t|-|e." I will also make beautiful language, as well as complete sense.

This message board is great fun. We all know this. As fun as it is, it seems to be missing a slight amount of instant gratification.
[crowd roars.]"What are you talking about? We're online here! How instant do you want it, anyway?"[/crowd roars.]

Hold on, hold on, people. What if I told you that I know of a way for us to communicate in realtime? What we need is Internet Relay Chat, commonly known as IRC. We would have conversations completely separate from those in this forum- why, some might even be worthy of posting here in a "logged" format!

Unfortunately, I have no means with which to create a "channel," as IRC chatting-areas are called, nor would I know how to go about it. I'm an "idea-man," as I like to call myself, and now I'll need help from some "executors" or "go-to folk," as I like to call you.

What say you? Is any of you able, or at least willing, to attempt such a feat? Could we perhaps join as a group and tackle this pressing issue as a team? Is any of you even interested in a forum-supporting, community-building IRC chat "channel?"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
One missing piece of the pie; also, a challenge to myself.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 05:03:02 am »

(I will try it too, with cooperation in mind.)

I think that expanding out to an IRC format, at least occasionally, is a tremendous idea. A question to be answered is the availability of server space; we would need a central server available to everyone. Here an issue is that most large public servers are a little skanky, while most small private servers are... private, with arcane procedural expectations. Nonetheless, if I can help you set up such an IRC channel, I'd be more than happy to.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
One missing piece of the pie; also, a challenge to myself.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 06:06:32 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
A question to be answered is the availability of server space


Great try! Except for that. My whole challenge was based on jough's earlier toying with the censorship feature - substituting "et" for "and" and "***" for "the." (Challenge must be occluded for this explanatory sentence.)

Let's see: V-Adore can set it up, but (s)he needs a place to do so. Any takers?

[edit: tags. damn tags.]
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
One missing piece of the pie; also, a challenge to myself.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2003, 06:17:08 am »

Agh, I was so close. Wailing! Lamentation! Perhaps in future I will try again,  proofreading closer than in that post.

That said... yes, do we have servers that could be volunteered? Hello? Bueller?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up