Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Audioscrobbler  (Read 6553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 12:50:50 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Nope, just "preamble", as in their appallingly catchy version of the preamble to the constitution.


That's cool, so long as it promotes the general welfare.  Now get out there and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 01:24:47 pm »

Geez. Our group is like the freakin' CortJstr group, staring me! I'm CortJstr!*

You people need to listen to more music to balance me out. Because I'm making our Top Artist list pretty damned mainstream.

Also, do we need a group icon? Maybe one of the Ray dances or something.



*If you've seen MST3K the movie you should get this reference
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 03:41:07 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
You people need to listen to more music to balance me out. Because I'm making our Top Artist list pretty damned mainstream.


Since I've just switched my profile over, it'll apparently take a while for my songs to show up... but when they do, there'll be over 5000 of them, so don't fret your pretty little head.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 04:14:32 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You people need to listen to more music to balance me out. Because I'm making our Top Artist list pretty damned mainstream.

Since I've just switched my profile over, it'll apparently take a while for my songs to show up... but when they do, there'll be over 5000 of them, so don't fret your pretty little head.

That reminds me. I wish there was an actual song count. The one they list is actually the # of listens. I'd be interested to see how many individual songs  vs. how many listens people have.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 06:28:32 pm »

I would like to point out that if you don't vote for songs, you have no right to complain about the music that is being put out.

TAKE A STAND: VOTE, PEOPLE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 07:12:29 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I would like to point out that if you don't vote for songs, you have no right to complain about the music that is being put out.

TAKE A STAND: VOTE, PEOPLE

I have the urge to start up a bunch of random threads across the board just to see how Jough ties them each into politics.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 07:43:26 pm »

I wish John Kerry would just come out and TELL US what kind of music he likes, rather than letting the Bush campaign insinuate his listening tastes.  Sometimes you have to FIGHT, dammit!

Alright, I'll stop now.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2004, 01:25:06 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You people need to listen to more music to balance me out. Because I'm making our Top Artist list pretty damned mainstream.

Since I've just switched my profile over, it'll apparently take a while for my songs to show up... but when they do, there'll be over 5000 of them, so don't fret your pretty little head.

Well, they showed up. Do you really have that many songs or just that many listens?
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2004, 01:34:46 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Well, they showed up. Do you really have that many songs or just that many listens?


Just that many listens, but I'm not a big listener of songs over and over.
Nevertheless, Bozack, Slink, and Carlos have a lot of catching up to do.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2004, 06:59:17 am »

Given that you and I have extremely similar musical tastes, anda, I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Also, I can kick or ban you. THINK ON THAT.
Oh, man, this must be a little like how jough feels EVERY DAY! WHAT A RUSH!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 07:11:44 am »

Don't let it go to your head, Skippy.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2004, 11:21:07 am »

Well. I seem to have gotten Jaune Toujours into the group listing. That's something at least. Despite their fantasticism however, I will not listen to only them to keep them up there!
No instead, Morphine shall get listened to on repeat all day!

(I'd go insane!)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2004, 12:57:56 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Given that you and I have extremely similar musical tastes, anda, I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Also, I can kick or ban you. THINK ON THAT.
Oh, man, this must be a little like how jough feels EVERY DAY! WHAT A RUSH!

I guess my moment in the sun is over. With the exception of TMBG and The Pixies it doesn't look like my bands will last long in the top 50.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2004, 02:25:50 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Nevertheless, Bozack, Slink, and Carlos have a lot of catching up to do.


And it's going to take me a while, because A. I just installed this thing and B.  my computer is not my primary means for listening to music (that would be my car).  But all in good time.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Audioscrobbler
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2004, 03:10:58 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Nevertheless, Bozack, Slink, and Carlos have a lot of catching up to do.

And it's going to take me a while, because A. I just installed this thing and B.  my computer is not my primary means for listening to music (that would be my car).  But all in good time.

Ditto. I use my iPod more than anything and the computer just occasionally at night. Right now I've pretty much just listened to everything once to create a baseline.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up