Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody want a Gmail invite?  (Read 28874 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2004, 01:47:53 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Hey, J-Daddy, do you get more invites depending on how much email you send? Or is it just time, and how soon you adopted?
I'm pretty sure the criteria for getting invites to give out are secret. But they do exist, because some people get them constantly and others barely at all. Whatever the jough man is doing, obviously Google loves him for it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2004, 02:37:42 am »

Okay, wait, does Bozack need an invite or not?

I couldn't tell from your post, man.

And Mantonio, you have mail!

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2004, 03:36:17 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Okay, wait, does Bozack need an invite or not?

I couldn't tell from your post, man.

And Mantonio, you have mail!


Thanks!
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2004, 04:05:50 am »

No, dude, I already got one. I was just wondering what the criteria was, as I have only given 2 invites.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2004, 04:19:26 am »

I didn't get ANY invites for the first like, six weeks.  Then I started sending some outgoing mail while I was on vacation and BOOM - 12 invites in two days, in groups of 1, 6, and 5.

So I don't know.  Google is voodoo, but it's MAGIC and NOT-EVIL voodoo.

God, I love Google so much.

THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2004, 12:24:12 am »

Jough--- i all asked nicely for an invite in a PM; are you hatin' on me cuz i dissed belle and sebastian?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2004, 01:50:27 am »

OK, OK, I have to ask, revealing my total out-of-it-ness. Should I want one of these?  Why?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2004, 05:16:24 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
OK, OK, I have to ask, revealing my total out-of-it-ness. Should I want one of these?  Why?

The big schtick is that you've got 1GB of storage space. I intend to abuse this handily; I have a perfectly good existing e-mail address, but my old, crappy computer has a busted CD burner, and thus it will be salvaged via e-mailing files from it to my gmail account. Much storage.

Others' mileage may vary, of course.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2004, 06:45:25 am »

Quote from: "sailor"
Jough--- i all asked nicely for an invite in a PM; are you hatin' on me cuz i dissed belle and sebastian?


No, I have many reasons to hate you. ;)

Okay, I didn't see the PM.  Consider yourself invited.

But dude - the avatar?  Are you in distress?

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2004, 08:07:00 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "sailor"
Jough--- i all asked nicely for an invite in a PM; are you hatin' on me cuz i dissed belle and sebastian?


No, I have many reasons to hate you. ;)

Okay, I didn't see the PM.  Consider yourself invited.

But dude - the avatar?  Are you in distress?


Thanks jough---that is awesome

the avatar---i don't for sure know how it happened, but my old avatar of Beef contemplatin' impossible tetris vanished. So in honor of the upcoming RNC, i thought i'd wear my shit on my sleeve. Call me distressed.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2004, 01:25:52 am »

Okay, they just gave me six more.

You can call me MR. Gmail Invite.

I'd hate to waste the invites but I don't know anyone who wants a Gmail invite!

What to do?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2004, 01:52:29 am »

I just got 6 more too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2004, 02:42:40 pm »

I'll take one.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2004, 06:43:17 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I'll take one.


YOU GOTS ONE, SISTER!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2004, 08:26:45 pm »

I truly can't figure out how the invites are doled out.  I got one about three weeks after I got my address, and one more a few weeks ago, but I've never had more than one at once.

That said, I promised my soon-to-be-ex-boss that I'd invite him, and my invites went to a best friend and to the girlfriend.  If you have some that you fear will go to waste, I'll PM you his email so you can at least use them up.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up