Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...  (Read 16637 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« on: June 24, 2004, 06:42:54 am »

Hey, I know you guys are full of love. I'm just agin' the eatin' of babies is all.
Plus, early in the process, when yer old and junk, you worry more about stuff.  

There will be floppy ears, hopefully part of a costume.

Name suggestions are welcomed.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 12:13:16 pm »

How about: Jaqui Malouf

(the poor woman
all forgotten since Bobby McFlay quit havin' that show
all not knowin' how to cook
all being vapid eye candy)


Okay, nevermind
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 02:52:02 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
How about: Jaqui Malouf


Having never heard of this woman, I spent about thirty seconds trying to work out the dirty joke that I clearly wasn't getting.

Names that make people think "there is a dirty joke in here somewhere" should probably be ruled out due to potential punishment.

EDIT: I GUESS IT COULD BE SOMEONE WITH THEIR MOUTH FULL (OR SOMETHING) SAYING "JACKING 'EM ALL OFF"
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 02:55:36 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Hey, I know you guys are full of love. I'm just agin' the eatin' of babies is all.
Plus, early in the process, when yer old and junk, you worry more about stuff.  

There will be floppy ears, hopefully part of a costume.

Name suggestions are welcomed.


*tisk,tisk* breeder.

As for names, here is possibly the meanest site for mocking bad baby names http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

I would also like to suggest Coco, or Apple.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 03:06:14 pm »

Love that site.  I told anyone who asked that our baby was going to be "Rodona Maddysyn."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 03:12:05 pm »

We've decided on Hero Elizabeth for a girl or Adrian Pearson for a boy.  

This discussion has suddenly become much more relevant, somehow.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 03:39:15 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
We've decided on Hero Elizabeth for a girl or Adrian Pearson for a boy.  

This discussion has suddenly become much more relevant, somehow.


Now that you're skinny the desire to expand had become stronger.  Interesting.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 03:41:08 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Now that you're skinny the desire to expand had become stronger.  Interesting.


Not the desire to expand, really -- but at this point I think it's too late to change my mind.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 03:53:16 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Apple


Ah, an allusion to what's her face and that bobbly-headed guy from Coldplay?  Being blessed with two plant names myself, I sent a resounding FUCK YOU to those paticularly short-sighted parents on hearing of that one.

It's all about striking the balance between normal and STUPID.  My father always cites apocryphal babies named Hashpipe when I accuse him of having given me a "stupid hippie name".  I was almost named Zoë (the tréma (I don't know the names of accents in English) being very important), and I think that is a rad name, having a z (that's zed, not zee) in it and all.

Quote from: "jldunston"
We've decided on Hero Elizabeth for a girl or Adrian Pearson for a boy.  

This discussion has suddenly become much more relevant, somehow.


Yay JL!  (And Pedro!)  Glad tidings, and whatnot.   Adrian Pearson's a nice name, but as a Canadian, I find it just evokes Former Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.  This shouldn't be too much of a problem though, unless you have big issues with peacekeeping and Nobel Prizes and stuff.  But I must ask, why Hero?  No offense intended.
Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 03:53:34 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "side_show"
Now that you're skinny the desire to expand had become stronger.  Interesting.


Not the desire to expand, really -- but at this point I think it's too late to change my mind.


It's never to late to adopt, or invest in scary technology and grow a baby in a vat of liquid in a lab.

As for the name "Hero" I think you should take a page from the book of crazy spelling for baby names and spell it "Gyro."  Then maybe AlohaDawg will eat your baby!

Our closest friends are working on making a baby and my other bestfriend who is getting married in a month and a half has a plan to have a baby in under three years.  My guy and I have absolutly no plans for reproducing ever - he has a younger sibling that was born when he was 15, so he's seen his share of poopy, and me, I just don't like the little flesh sacks.  But then I have heard that they make good eating: Willie "I'm Hungry for Baby" Nelson can't be wrong! (http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2003/11/14black.html), Swift would be proud!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 04:00:53 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
As for the name "Hero" I think you should take a page from the book of crazy spelling for baby names and spell it "Gyro."  Then maybe AlohaDawg will eat your baby!


Only if you also have some tzatziki sauce.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 04:02:12 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "side_show"
Now that you're skinny the desire to expand had become stronger.  Interesting.


Not the desire to expand, really -- but at this point I think it's too late to change my mind.


Is this an announcement?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 04:09:49 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
It's all about striking the balance between normal and STUPID.  My father always cites apocryphal babies named Hashpipe when I accuse him of having given me a "stupid hippie name".  I was almost named Zoë (the tréma (I don't know the names of accents in English) being very important), and I think that is a rad name, having a z (that's zed, not zee) in it and all.

....as a Canadian, I find it just evokes Former Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.  This shouldn't be too much of a problem though, unless you have big issues with peacekeeping and Nobel Prizes and stuff.  But I must ask, why Hero?  No offense intended.


1) Whenever he meets someone with a hippy name my guy later mutters to me "their parents must hatethem!"
2) I know a pot head I went to university with named her daughter Sativa.  Ha. Ha. Ha.
3)  I also thought of Lester B. Pearson, but at least he's a not-so-bad guy -it's not like Steven Harper.  That'd be oh, so bad!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 04:11:26 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "side_show"
Now that you're skinny the desire to expand had become stronger.  Interesting.


Not the desire to expand, really -- but at this point I think it's too late to change my mind.


Is this an announcement?


Hey, yeah, I was so busy thinking up witty remarks about lamb meat and flatbread that this slipped by me!  Spill it!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004, 04:12:13 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "side_show"
Now that you're skinny the desire to expand had become stronger.  Interesting.


Not the desire to expand, really -- but at this point I think it's too late to change my mind.


Is this an announcement?


Yes.  Yes, it is.  

At least, it's as close as you're going to get.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up