This thread split DUE TO PUNISHMENT.
Sorry I was AWOL yesterday; I was caught in a storm of familial goodwill and having food thrust towards me. At any rate, thanks to all who offered their goodwill and advice. I have a feeling we'll need all of it.
And super-good vibes to Aloha and Mrs. Dawg; we're expecting our little monkey of joy at the end of February (I'll be huge on my next birthday) so there's a reasonable chance that they could be born on the same day!
As for specific comments:
Adrian Pearson is Pedro's real name, so that one's not up for negotiation. We will call him Pearce to avoid the "big-Adrian, little-Adrian" yoke.
Hero is one of the lead female characters in Much Ado about Nothing. We're not Shakespeare freaks or anything, but I ran across the name in college and I adore that which it represents. It's quite clearly feminine (in this context; I'm aware that in Japanese it's masculine), but it's a very strong name, and seems to indicate courageous behaviour and a noble spirit. We picked it out quite a while ago, and paired it with Elizabeth because we recognize that our daughter may not want an uncommon name by the time she's thirteen, so she can choose to go by her middle name (or some permutation thereof) if she likes.
Re: the comment in the Father's Day thread, I honestly didn't know at the time. I found out yesterday morning at 5 AM.
Re: lunch-bucket in hand work-sex -- Pedro and I have been trying for over a year now, so we're *tired*. What finally worked was being diagnosed as infertile (oddly enough) and me going on fertility drugs. So pray I'm not having a litter, OK?
This was my first month on the drugs, and they usually take 4 - 6 months of treatment to make sperm meet egg. So give Pedro's guys a round of applause; they're some good swimmers, those guys. Our kids will probably grow up to be Olympic gold medalists, with sperms like that making up half their DNA.
We also need house-selling vibes. We have our new place all picked out, but we can't move on it until we sell this one. So pray for a quick sale, 'cause I don't want to be moving in with my in-laws while I'm throwing up and craving Chinese food. (Who am I kidding, I'm *always* craving Chinese food!) Also, keep your fingers crossed on the vomiting thing -- no morning sickness yet, knock on wood.
And finally, all you non-breeders, don't worry. We won't let the earth's population die out. We're hoping for four kids. (Just not all at once, please!)