Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...  (Read 16671 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2004, 03:48:35 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I follow the "If it means that much to you get one of your own" theory.


Is that an announcement?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2004, 04:08:16 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I follow the "If it means that much to you get one of your own" theory.


Oh, I see.  You were really meaning "envy" and I asked about jealousy.

My bad.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2004, 04:37:51 pm »

So many expectant parents on this board!  Way to go all! Spread your legs in the air, and wave 'em like you just don't care!  w00t!  Congrats to all!!

My SO and I are close friends with another couple who must get pregnant in the next month or so, as the lady in this coupling will be having major heart surgery next year that will make it not safe for her to have children after that point.  She's had a pacemaker since childhood.    So we've got our fingers and toes crossed.  Everytime we talk to them, we hope for news, but it's very impolite to be always asking if there has been success "So, you two knocked up yet or what?"-they've got enough stress as it is!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2004, 05:34:46 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
So many expectant parents on this board!!


Yeah, this is really starting to make me nervous.


('Specially since I'm a lot closer to 16 than 26...)
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2004, 05:57:01 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Everytime we talk to them, we hope for news, but it's very impolite to be always asking if there has been success "So, you two knocked up yet or what?"-they've got enough stress as it is!


Truer words never spoken.  We're trying for #2 and having an extremely hard time of it, so everytime someone launches the question at us, I feel the urge to beat them soundly about head and shoulders.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2004, 06:05:25 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
You're right about me (Us really, I'll give Spouse partial credit too).

We're currently trying to make it happen again.

Trying to make a baby is really fun.  The this time?...this time?...this time? suspense seems to stoke the fires, so to speak.

So, even though I am sincere in my nice thoughts for y'all, there is a niggling little ball of jealousy deep down, too.


My little bit of jealousy was short lived.  I just found out I can let it go.


That is most, most excellent.  Congratulations!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2004, 06:54:00 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "side_show"
Everytime we talk to them, we hope for news, but it's very impolite to be always asking if there has been success "So, you two knocked up yet or what?"-they've got enough stress as it is!


Truer words never spoken.  We're trying for #2 and having an extremely hard time of it, so everytime someone launches the question at us, I feel the urge to beat them soundly about head and shoulders.


Totally, we're worrying for them, but we've not asked once if they've had success, people just gotta understand that once folks are pregnant, they'll be shouting it from the rooftop.

Anyways, best of luck, Limmo!  And enjoy the ride!

pun fully intended.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2004, 06:56:52 pm »

Congratulations!   Although I personally also hope that reading this board is not some kind of fertility enhancer... someone's gotta carry on the species and you are are a fine candidate.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2004, 07:06:00 pm »

Congratulations, Asherdan and family! And best of luck to your friends, side_show. I hope things work out for them.

comments about hoping the board is not a fertility enhancer seconded, though. I want kids eventually, but that's a fairly distant eventually.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2004, 08:02:28 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
]Truer words never spoken.  We're trying for #2 and having an extremely hard time of it, so everytime someone launches the question at us, I feel the urge to beat them soundly about head and shoulders.


Ah, the joy of "Chore Sex" at Casa di Limmo. It took us six months, I hope for quicker results for you. Ovulation test kits will help, make the investment.

As for sideshow's friend...one month to conceive? That's statistically a pretty tough one. Best of luck, though...
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2004, 08:05:15 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Jough: Yep, my language skills failed me but you made up for it with your skill of reading for intent rather than content.
Smells: You're doing the right thing in this case, and it's a good thing, too.
Limmo: Good luck and 'nuff said.  You're dead on about the pressure aspect, it's for the no (beatings division).

ALL: T'anks!

Addendum: Spouse is convinced that she is bearing the Girl addition.  How in jeezely-crow does that work?!?  (I just root for healthy)

ALSO: I will be 55 by the time this one graduates HS, rolling the calendar forward that far means that I will own at embarrasing Child with my unhip-ness.


Conrats! I will be 55 when number two graduates, too. We can hike our ##### up to our nipples and talk fiber. My spouse has had a dream that she is carrying a man-cub and I have the same suspicion, but there is an ultrasound in 3 weeks to let us know.

We're at 16 weeks this week. Rebecca (#1) is at her last day of pre-school today and starts Kindergarten after Labor Day.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2004, 08:17:18 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Addendum: Spouse is convinced that she is bearing the Girl addition.  How in jeezely-crow does that work?!?  (I just root for healthy)


100% wishful thinking, and the desire to refer to baby as anything other than "it".  Tell her that the following so-called "signs" mean nothing:

Fast heartrate (160bpm) = girl FALSE
Severe morning sickness = girl FALSE
Acne = girl FALSE
More/darker body hair = boy FALSE
Craving sweets = girl, Craving salty snacks = boy FALSE
Carrying low = boy, carrying high = girl FALSE

Also, if anyone tries to tell you that if your wife raises her arms above her head it could cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck, LAUGH IN THEIR FACE and take note of their foolishness so you can avoid putting them in positions of responsibility.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2004, 08:17:25 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
ALSO: I will be 55 by the time this one graduates HS, rolling the calendar forward that far means that I will own at embarrasing Child with my unhip-ness.


My father turned 56 a few weeks after I graduated from high school, and so I can assure you that parental hipness doesn't depend on age, but rather on factors like the music listened to by said parent, whether or not parent once smoked pot or engaged in other vaguely countercultural things, and, of course, number of questions asked as to child's whereabouts/associates.
I'm sure you'll be a plenty hip parent.
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2004, 08:21:25 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Ah, the joy of "Chore Sex" at Casa di Limmo. It took us six months, I hope for quicker results for you. Ovulation test kits will help, make the investment.


Oh, the lady and I are looooong past the point where physical contact between us is part of the conception process.  We are on to the more Aldous Huxley-ish methods of conception.  They are horrifically expensive, and when they don't work?  Ah, the nights of sadness at Casa di Limmo....

Quote from: "Asherdan"
ALSO: I will be 55 by the time this one graduates HS, rolling the calendar forward that far means that I will own at embarrasing Child with my unhip-ness.


That's part of your job as a parent.  I'm so looking forward to being able to say to Audrey "Of course I'm embarrassing you!  I'm your father!"
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Split! Babies and Baby names...and stuff...
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2004, 08:23:01 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Addendum: Spouse is convinced that she is bearing the Girl addition.  How in jeezely-crow does that work?!?  (I just root for healthy)


100% wishful thinking, and the desire to refer to baby as anything other than "it".  Tell her that the following so-called "signs" mean nothing:

Fast heartrate (160bpm) = girl FALSE
Severe morning sickness = girl FALSE
Acne = girl FALSE
More/darker body hair = boy FALSE
Craving sweets = girl, Craving salty snacks = boy FALSE
Carrying low = boy, carrying high = girl FALSE

Also, if anyone tries to tell you that if your wife raises her arms above her head it could cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck, LAUGH IN THEIR FACE and take note of their foolishness so you can avoid putting them in positions of responsibility.


I never heard any of this stuff during our first pregnancy nor this far in our second. This is starting to support my previously unscientifically founded beliefs about the deep south.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up