Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 21985 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2004, 02:21:30 am »

So you can only be a member of one clan?

I was looking at the clan area and evidently you can hire soldiers and stuff and do war against other clans?

We gotta get in on that action.  

Of course, I gotta get my guy up over level 4 first. ;)

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2004, 03:02:38 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
I was under the impression that it's all right to eat or drink when you're at 200 adventures, but the 40+ adventures you gain at midnight will not put you over 200.

Ben San Arizona, level 13 accordion thief, already clan-committed but wishing Clan Smuckles well.


i was under that impression too, that rolling over will only get you 200.

however, tonight, i had 200 and i ate and i only had 200.  sadness.


jough: clan warfare is "sketchy" at best.  it's basically, at this stage of the game (not a "cliche", literally at this stage of game development), clan warfare exists to take meat out of circulation.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2004, 03:38:36 am »

I have another character, Lotharectomy, who has also applied for clan membership.

I will use him as a slave for Jough.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2004, 03:50:43 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I have another character, Lotharectomy, who has also applied for clan membership.

I will use him as a slave for Jough.


http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/static.php?id=policy

item number 4.

fyi.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2004, 04:15:45 am »

It doesn't say you can't have the KoL version of a sherpa.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2004, 05:48:21 am »

Making a pack-mule in the usual online-game sense is a bit pointless in a game where your backpack seems to be unlimited in size. On the other hand, if the idea is just that your primary character makes the secondary character's life miserable, I approve fully.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2004, 07:14:46 am »

The problem is that the secondary character has a higher level, more points, more skills, and more stuff than my main character.

So eventually I think the secondary may become the primary.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2004, 05:49:46 am »

I am Slink Jadranko.
Benefit of my name is that it fits in just about every RPG ever.

I am currently a Mariachi Larcenist, and I doubt it will be long now that I have started before I hit level 3.
I mentioned it to my friend, who has discovered it isn't blocked at his work so  he spends most of his day playing it now.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2004, 10:09:22 pm »

Spending most of your day on KoL would take extreme talent...
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2004, 10:39:34 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Spending most of your day on KoL would take extreme talent...

Basically, there are three ways to do it:

1) Don't play for a while, realize you have 150+ adventures stored up, click through them all;
2) Make it a habit to get very full and/or drunk every day, so every day you have many adventures to wade through;
3) Spend a lot of time fiddling with your inventory, playing the economy, and doing other things that don't require adventures.

Having alts can supplement any of these strategies.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2004, 12:34:55 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Spending most of your day on KoL would take extreme talent...


Wel, that only really lasted two days, as he started an alt in each class (well, style - one moxie based, one mystical based and one muscle...).

I left it a few days before actually getting started and had 200 AP saved up, which was nice. Now frustrating...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2006, 05:34:57 pm »

 Does anyone here still play this game?

I was playing in '04 and got tired of it, but recently came back because I heard they had done a lot of work to it. I'm Jeepers in the game, look for me if anyone out there still plays. I'm usually on at random times during the workday during the lulls in the office traffic.

Not sure if I am committing a major faux pas by reviving this thread, if so, I will cut off my pinky yakuza style.
but I will put it back as soon as you look away.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 06:57:22 pm »

I still play regularly. The game has really evolved hugely and I enjoy it a lot. It would probably get boring after a few Ascensions if new content weren't being added on a regular basis, but it is and the game is thriving in a way that it definitely was not when this thread last died.

Edit: Jeepers, are you #645071? I was thinking of adding you to my contact list but I want to confirm before sending some befuddled dude random crap.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 07:00:50 pm by Ben-San »
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2006, 07:09:54 pm »

Yup, that's me.

I saw that Arkabee still plays, and is the lone active member of Clan Smuckles. Looks like AugustWest hasn't played in a while, but the account is still active because they don't delete the account of anyone with a Mr. Accessory.


Hey AugustWest...*cough* y'know... if you don't feel like playing anymore... *cough*


Edit: I play in Cool Guy Crew, not because they are particularly CooL Guys, but because they have a fully stocked clan area. I'd be willing to leave my clan if anyone has a good clan wit' some good peeps for me to join .
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 07:55:40 pm »

I can't believe I had never heard of this. Thanks for bringing this back up, Jeep.

I'm Neuticles the Pastamancer, by the way. Just applied for Clan Smuckles.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up