Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)  (Read 2546 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« on: June 28, 2004, 12:52:21 pm »

This is one of those things that I think I'll ask our webdesigner to put on the front page of our nightclub.

It is so true...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 12:54:24 pm »

I sense a crossover!
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 02:12:05 pm »

I cannot wait to see Goth Little Nephew.  That will truly be the limit.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 02:15:28 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
I cannot wait to see Goth Little Nephew.  That will truly be the limit.


Picture spongebath in all black with aviator goggles on.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 03:29:35 pm »

This strip is just Awesome.  The closing line did, in fact, make me Laugh Out Loud.


I dislike goths immensely.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 03:58:08 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
This strip is just Awesome.  The closing line did, in fact, make me Laugh Out Loud.

I dislike goths immensely.


Likewise, I was audible.

And I am sorry. Enough of one stillr esides deep within me.
Now I must listen to what, Onstad realises, is Bauhaus' best song.

Should have never eaten that damn goth!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Jerry Todd

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
goth skels
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 06:49:53 pm »

I have goth skeletons in my closet and enjoy mocking them often. Therefore I have a theory that there was a bit of hair-teasing-cum-eyeliner in Onstad's pre-history. He comes down pretty hard on the Cure too. Almost like he's got an axe to grind, like an ex who ruined him for them by dumping him at one of their concerts after Disintegration was
"their album" and all.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 08:14:10 pm »

To be very mildly critical of this strip -- I don't like the "Ray and Beef all sitting on chairs" setup. The art itself is ugly, especially in comparison to what Onstad has shown himself to be able to do, and it's just lazy art.

That said, the dialogue in this strip redeemed it wholeheartedly. Hot, hot damn, this is one of the cleverest conversations between Beef and Ray in a while, and it also heralds the beginning of Goth Little Nephew. (As opposed, quite wholeheartedly, to Hyddyn Scyptyre (sp?) LN.)

On an anorakish note, this strip by its existence seems to establish that living-Beef and living-Molly cohabitating is now actually a part of the status quo, not some horrible hallucination or Onstad-trick. You go, 'stad.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 08:18:01 pm »

Um, is Molly in this strip and I missed it somehow?

How is one connected to the other?  Do you really think that 'stad couldn't just yank the carpet out from under Beef in a future strip?

Tomorrow will be all like:

Beef: well ray i'm going home to see molly
Ray: Who in the Blue Hell is Molly?

Beef: <fingers to cheeks> oh man was it really all a dream?!??!

V-Adore

  • Guest
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:20:55 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
totally horrible stuff that Onstad could very well do tomorrow


True enough. I have to remember never to get my hopes up that much.

Me, I'm hoping for some kind of conclusion to the gripping "*****s driving around mooning people" story arc.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 08:26:07 pm »

Molly and Pat: totally doin' it.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 08:45:03 pm »

I just have to give some respect to the name "Arachnea Gehenna".

SAL--LOOT!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 08:48:54 pm »

Hmmm... what day is this strip from?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 08:50:03 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I just have to give some respect to the name "Arachnea Gehenna".

SAL--LOOT!!!


Hey Grandpa! What's fer Supper?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 08:59:39 pm »

Hamhocks and turnip greens, black-eyed peas, fried corn and biscuits with sorghum.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up