Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29170 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:49:19 am »

This is a great idea, but I get the feeling he'll abandon it with within a month. If not, though, awesome! Beef's is perfect..
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:57:08 am »

I am all giggly. I feel exactly like a 14 year old girl with a new copy of Tiger Beat.  

PS: Clearly the title of this thread needs to be "Put on your face eyes."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 01:12:55 pm »

Bleah. Double bleah.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 01:59:59 pm »

Good concept and opportunity for character development.  Some of the execution is wanting.  I will be astounded if Onstad manages to update all of these on an ongoing regular basis.

As usual, Pat cracks me up.  A Journey Into Reason.  That Pat, he irons his underwear.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 02:44:09 pm »

Meh. There's too many of them to keep up with reading let alone Onstad writing them all. I don't want to have to go get an RSS reader just to follow Achewood.

Granted I do need an RSS reader but I'd feel silly if I finally broke down and got one just for some extra fake blogs.
Logged

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 02:44:14 pm »

lyle and molly's blogs are perfect.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 02:46:11 pm »

Well.
I think Ray's is pretty good. I mean, if I'm going to read a blog, let it be a fictional blog based on the Achewood characters! Rather that than some real person!!
I just like the way Ray speaks, and we don't get so much of it in the strips, so I like either a Ray's Place or a blog to keep me going with his vernacular.
And Beef, well, naturally...

Oh and Pat's rules, and answers, mysteriously, our question about Ray's help.
Aaaaand, it makes me happy that Molly and Beef are quietly together. God knows I needed something in my life right now, and a fictitious cat relationship will do! Daaaamn.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 03:58:18 pm »

This raises a point I've been curious about for a long time.

Beef is obviously a l33t h4x0r. Why doesn't he have some kind of job that will let him afford his own place? I mean, really? I guess maybe computer jobs aren't common in the underground, yet he can afford to buy 365 pairs of under##### at once. Is it his schitzophrenia and inherent guilt that keeps him in Gramma's house?

I mean, I just figure now that he has Molly back on the old jumping dirt, you'd think he'd get a nice condo somewhere and hit up Ikea with her in a scene of Bay Area domestic consumer bliss.
Logged

llimllib

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 04:35:18 pm »

Quote
Bleah. Double bleah.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Logged
Peace.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 05:44:54 pm »

I'm getting the feeling that Stad's all "What the HELL am I going to do about my WEB COMIC?!"

I think he should take a vacation, run a guest week in which all loose threads are tied up, and start anew. Cos right now he's all a giraffe floppin' on the bottom of the boat.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 06:28:03 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
I'm getting the feeling that Stad's all "What the HELL am I going to do about my WEB COMIC?!"

I think he should take a vacation, run a guest week in which all loose threads are tied up, and start anew. Cos right now he's all a giraffe floppin' on the bottom of the boat.


the dude probably needs a holiday, but i don't agree. i'm just quietly enjoying achewood being as good as it's always been, then flipping out all excitedly when we get new stuff. instead of worrying it won't last. (because so what? we got today, eh?)
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2004, 06:40:43 pm »

I have not read any of these yet, but weren't we just saying last week that Achewood character blogs would be pretty nifty?

I'm too busy to CortJstr it right now, but perhaps the man himself will enlighten us.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 07:17:44 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Beef is obviously a l33t h4x0r. Why doesn't he have some kind of job that will let him afford his own place?


Are we sure it's not Beef's house, and Grandma is staying with him?

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Question: Anyone else having issues pulling the blogs up for Philipe, Mr. Bear and Roast Beef?


Blogspot has been squirrelly lately.  Refresh it once or twice, it'll come up.

I am NOT putting all nine of these critters on my blogroll.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 07:57:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I have not read any of these yet, but weren't we just saying last week that Achewood character blogs would be pretty nifty?

I'm too busy to CortJstr it right now, but perhaps the man himself will enlighten us.

Best I could do in 2 minutes: http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=687
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 08:23:02 pm »

What weirds me most is how much Chris writes like Ray, except apparently with less booze knowledge.

Philippe and Teodor are so perfect that it almost makes me cry, and Lyle's is also fabulous, if only because it got "Oddfellows Local 151" stuck in my head and I'm happy to have it there.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up