Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29178 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 08:27:03 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
I'm getting the feeling that Stad's all "What the HELL am I going to do about my WEB COMIC?!"


No, no, see, we're, like, exploring the possibilities of the medium.  With the comic being on the web and all and stuff you could never do in a newspaper and that kind of thing.  I mean, it would be a brilliant idea to have Opus the penguin write an op-ed column but they'd never let you do it.  But he could have Ray actually selling his posters on eBay and then, man, I'd really start losing track of the borders between reality and fantasy.  Like seriously breaking the comic strip fourth wall and all.

Oh never mind isn't he just adorable today?  Tee hee. You all stop being such party poops.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 08:39:20 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"

No, no, see, we're, like, exploring the possibilities of the medium.  With the comic being on the web and all and stuff you could never do in a newspaper and that kind of thing.  I mean, it would be a brilliant idea to have Opus the penguin write an op-ed column but they'd never let you do it.  But he could have Ray actually selling his posters on eBay and then, man, I'd really start losing track of the borders between reality and fantasy.  Like seriously breaking the comic strip fourth wall and all.


Exactly.  It's all about creating interesting characters and finding new ways for them us to observe and interact with them.

Ray'll probably start posting here soon...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 09:02:06 pm »

I really don't understand the whole take a break thing.
I am digging Achewood just as much as ever right now.

That. Is. All.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 10:49:50 pm »

Poor Mr. Bear -- who knew he had such deep-seated anxiety issues?

I agree that Lyle's is pretty much perfect.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2004, 12:47:29 pm »

man I thought they were great. Onstad's was the best. All about what he eats for breakfast. It was almost like a REAL BLOG. You know, he doesnt really have to sustain it. He has made a few good points, gotten a few laughs, and now he can move on, or come back and hit it a few times later in case he missed a spot. I have never seen achewood being about continuity. At least not directly. Continuity leads to boredom.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2004, 08:29:52 pm »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
I have never seen achewood being about continuity. At least not directly. Continuity leads to boredom.

I'm not sure I agree with you on this. I've never seen Achewood being about continuity -- certainly not to the degree of a soap-opera or plot-based strip -- but I've very much liked how it's grown from a gag strip to having its own sense of continuity and story. I like that characters develop and that the status quo changes. To me, a fixed status quo from which one never deviates is more boring.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2004, 09:17:25 pm »

I wonder why the *#*#*s don't get to have blogs?  If they did, I think it should be a group blog.  As for Todd, well, I guess he could dictate to Blister.  Also, now that Little Nephew's a Goth, he should get himself a Livejournal or Xanga.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2004, 09:31:38 pm »

Wouldn't LN be likely to use Deadjournal instead? (Assuming that's still around.)
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2004, 09:59:31 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Wouldn't LN be likely to use Deadjournal instead? (Assuming that's still around.)

It lives. I mean... after a fashion.

Any DJ users here want to come out of the woodwork and e-mail 'stad a code?
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2004, 02:45:13 pm »

The sneak - he's been updating the blogs!

I love Teodor on Chris's cookbook collection - probably because there was a point in my life where, with just a tiny bit less self control, that could have been me.  And man do I need the Hug Squad to come to my house -  excuse me, I mean, the H.U.G. S.Q.U.A.D., of course.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2004, 03:00:29 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
The sneak - he's been updating the blogs!


I totally dug having the updates to read this morning.
Molly's was great, as was Ray's. Pat's was just fuck*ng brilliant!

But Ray's, it reminded me of back when his 'Place' first started and we of the story of him meeting the girl when he took LN to buy a watch. Such a gem.
Beef's was kind of weird. I think it made me think too much of the place I am right now (not lurking outside of a sports bar, just, emotionally and thematically).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2004, 03:42:57 pm »

wait wait wait.

Molly is GINGER. I did NOT see that coming.

ihavenothingagainstredheads
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2004, 04:19:30 pm »

Oh, I missed some of Molly's.  I didn't think much of hers at first.  But now I am all giggly again.  Damn you, Onstad, I thought I was finally over you.

And Pat.  Oh god.  Isn't he just perfectly unbearable?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2004, 04:32:04 pm »

Pat's is the best.

Oh, that loveable asshole.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up