Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29204 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2004, 05:05:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Pat's is the best.

Oh, that loveable asshole.


I found my self sympathising with Pat when he recounted his ordeal with the teenagers who wouldn't leave.  

Sometimes I think it should be illegal to be a teenager.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2004, 06:29:24 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "wombat"
The sneak - he's been updating the blogs!


I totally dug having the updates to read this morning.
Molly's was great, as was Ray's. Pat's was just fuck*ng brilliant!

But Ray's, it reminded me of back when his 'Place' first started and we of the story of him meeting the girl when he took LN to buy a watch. Such a gem.
Beef's was kind of weird. I think it made me think too much of the place I am right now (not lurking outside of a sports bar, just, emotionally and thematically).


There are Atom feeds (every journal + /atom.xml). You can fit them into your RSS reader. For example, on livejournal.com (which has that 'friends page' aggregator mechanism), i've made one for each blog.

I like how Onstad really appears to be blogging his meals (candied apples aside).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2004, 01:15:19 pm »

I wish I had more than the vaguest idea of what RSS is.  But it's not like I've got anything else to do aside from surf the web at the moment, so why be more efficient.

Philippe and the garbagemen, it breaks my heart.  And Pat.  If I weren't so convinced that Pat exists, I'd say that that character is really inspiring someone to great heights lately.

But, Chris - Miracle Whip?  Do you eat it on your Ore-Ida shredded hash browns too?  I'm so disillusioned.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2004, 04:45:59 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I wish I had more than the vaguest idea of what RSS is.  But it's not like I've got anything else to do aside from surf the web at the moment, so why be more efficient.


Definition of RSS that might not actually help you much.

Wired review of RSS readers.

Basically it's a way of sticking all the blogs/news sites that you want to keep track of throughout the day into one convient place so you are stuck going through your favorites or hitting F5 17 times a day for each one.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2004, 05:10:17 pm »

I am looking forward to H.U.G.S.Q.U.A.D. attempting to spring into action against Lyle.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2004, 05:16:10 pm »

Speaking of the H.U.G. S.Q.U.A.D. what does MH stand for? Master Hugger? Mister Hugs? Main Hugster?

Who else immediately pictured Philippe Otter, Agent of H.U.G.?

Also, the concept of a Sesame Street Disco Tape both intrigues and terrifies me.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2004, 05:58:15 pm »

OK, now I'm reading all the profiles.  Roast Beef is interested in Epidemiology - such fine taste - and Pat's evilness is confirmed for me by his interest in my former field of Linguistics.

Oh, it is a fine time in Achewood-land for a fan to be temporarily (one hopes)  Without A Life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2004, 06:29:14 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Also, the concept of a Sesame Street Disco Tape both intrigues and terrifies me.


Dude, I had this record album.  I believe it was called "Sesame Street Fever" and featured Grover in the Travolta pose.  It had disco songs with the words changed, featuring the Sesame Street characters.

I HAVE OWNED THIS AND CAN VERIFY THAT IT EXISTS

That's what I get for being born in the mid-70s.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2004, 06:30:40 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Speaking of the H.U.G. S.Q.U.A.D. what does MH stand for? Master Hugger? Mister Hugs? Main Hugster?


It says in the mission statement.  It's Master Hugger.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2004, 07:20:38 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

I HAVE OWNED THIS AND CAN VERIFY THAT IT EXISTS

That's what I get for being born in the mid-70s.


I still own it and there are several copies for sale on ye olde ebay
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4022740289&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2004, 07:59:26 pm »

I, too, owned the disco Sesame Street album. It might still be lurking in a box in a parental basement somewhere. Dare I hope?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2004, 08:08:45 pm »

After a little research and remembering, I realized it's actually this album I was thinking about. Sesame Disco, not Fever.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2004, 08:18:38 pm »

They really got some use out of that white polyester suit on Grover didn't they!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2004, 08:26:14 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Speaking of the H.U.G. S.Q.U.A.D. what does MH stand for? Master Hugger? Mister Hugs? Main Hugster?

It says in the mission statement.  It's Master Hugger.

D'oh! How did I miss that? Well Philippe should get a better title because he's the leader. Such as Grand Master Hugger.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2004, 08:44:53 pm »

Could we maybe use a thread for each character's blog?

Because I was looking around the board today and I decided that there simply aren't enough threads.

I will leave this to the mods.  I'm going to go make myself a Caucasian and listen to some Skynyrd.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up