Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29239 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2004, 08:55:33 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Could we maybe use a thread for each character's blog?

Because I was looking around the board today and I decided that there simply aren't enough threads.

I will leave this to the mods.  I'm going to go make myself a Caucasian and listen to some Skynyrd.

I'd consider that but would we have just one thread per character and watch the page count go up or do like we do for the strips and start a new thread for each day there's a post?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2004, 10:10:15 pm »

Pat's just gets better!

RSS is all very nice, but kind of doesn't work when you have to refresh the page a billion times to actually find anything!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2004, 11:13:47 pm »

That actually reminded me that my registration renewal is due.

Thank you, Pat! You are the Blog of the Week!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2004, 11:31:25 pm »

Pat's blog worries me. With every new post, I am beginning to realize that, apart from the wanton bunny slaughter, I am turning into Pat. I mean just four fuck*ng nights ago I was sitting in my apartment, drinking vodka, listening to King Crimson (take it to A&E if you have issues, dammit) and wishing death upon my completely noisy and fuck*ng inconsiderate neighbor across the hall. Is it breaking Laws to tell you all that I have unspooled in my head these elaborate Splinter Cell-style fantasies in which I, in the dead of night, climb across to her balcony and pipe in poison gas through a cheap little bit of flexible plastic hosing you could buy anywhere via a loose bit in the moulding around the window?

PROBABLY
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2004, 12:25:21 am »

Not only do I remember having owned Sesame Street Fever, I had it on 8-track and still remember a frightening percentage of the words to "Doin' the (wah wah) Pigeon."  

Born in '79, and feelin' older every day.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2004, 01:00:57 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Not only do I remember having owned Sesame Street Fever, I had it on 8-track and still remember a frightening percentage of the words to "Doin' the (wah wah) Pigeon."  

Born in '79, and feelin' older every day.

I am becoming more and more convinced that there is a Brunching Shuttlecocks link for every occasion.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2004, 06:21:12 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Is it breaking Laws to tell you all that I have unspooled in my head these elaborate Splinter Cell-style fantasies in which I, in the dead of night, climb across to her balcony and pipe in poison gas through a cheap little bit of flexible plastic hosing you could buy anywhere via a loose bit in the moulding around the window?

PROBABLY


I do that on occasion.
Both, that is - the sitting around in anger listening to Crimson, and plotting intricate murders.
Beautiful.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2004, 03:04:20 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "wombat"
The sneak - he's been updating the blogs!


I totally dug having the updates to read this morning.
Molly's was great, as was Ray's. Pat's was just fuck*ng brilliant!

But Ray's, it reminded me of back when his 'Place' first started and we of the story of him meeting the girl when he took LN to buy a watch. Such a gem.
Beef's was kind of weird. I think it made me think too much of the place I am right now (not lurking outside of a sports bar, just, emotionally and thematically).


There are Atom feeds (every journal + /atom.xml). You can fit them into your RSS reader. For example, on livejournal.com (which has that 'friends page' aggregator mechanism), i've made one for each blog.

I like how Onstad really appears to be blogging his meals (candied apples aside).


atom.xml feeds on the main page now.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2004, 03:20:54 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Who else immediately pictured Philippe Otter, Agent of H.U.G.?


apparently onstad did. but then he took it down. I saved it, though, and it is now my desktop background.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2004, 03:34:01 pm »

oh wait thats right he didnt take it down. sorry. It is still there.

(it is just that onstad is updating everything so much now that I cant tell what is there and what isnt) (I am very confused by all this updating)
Logged
[expletive deleted]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2004, 07:06:15 am »

I had never considered that, while working out which characters I am most like, and always assuming a cross of Ray and Beef, there is a large part of Teodor too. As from reading about his 'falling back on risotto' and such, I am so Teodor when it comes to food.
I don't consider it falling back on risotto when you make courgette (zucchini) and pancetta risotto or bitchin' seafood risotto with the best mussels and shit you can find. I am not one to skimp when cooking, as well, it just tastes so much better.
Anyway...


Oh, and Molly's made me laugh out loud. Jason Alexander is indeed. Let alone...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2004, 01:11:21 pm »

Amen on Teodor, Slink.  Man, I wish I had a living teddy bear who cooked me gourmet dinners every night.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2004, 01:49:17 pm »

Hymen!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2004, 03:57:31 pm »

Lyle and Todd dropped acid and killed some some High Life 32s. I love it.

I still envision Lyle shooting the computer at some point, though - perhaps that'll be the excuse when 'stad gives up on this experiment :P
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2004, 06:04:21 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Lyle and Todd dropped acid and killed some some High Life 32s. I love it.

I still envision Lyle shooting the computer at some point, though - perhaps that'll be the excuse when 'stad gives up on this experiment :P


I bet Lyle gets fired if he keeps on coming in late for work.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up