Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Character Blogs  (Read 29269 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2004, 08:56:47 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
God, amazingly hilarious. The risotto sub-plot is maybe the best thing ever.

It's ranging on it, yes. I especially love Chris's profound ambivalence about the risotto -- he doesn't want to prove Teodor right by eating it, but it's just so good...

Now I'm wondering if you can actually make breakfast risotto.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2004, 09:44:09 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Now I'm wondering if you can actually make breakfast risotto.


Not so different to rice pudding...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2004, 10:24:00 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
I'm getting the feeling that Stad's all "What the HELL am I going to do about my WEB COMIC?!"

I think he should take a vacation, run a guest week in which all loose threads are tied up, and start anew. Cos right now he's all a giraffe floppin' on the bottom of the boat.


I am taking this all back. The blogs is sweetness. The blogs is my weakness.
When I haven't been drinking, i am Pat-ish. After happy hour, Ray-like. After closing time, Lyle-esqe. And what's up with Molly gettin' a blog but not Todd?! Yeah, yeah, he can't do the reading thing, but maybe he could dictate to Chris. or something.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2004, 04:11:25 pm »

At first, I thought Chris' blog was going to be just about what he ate, and the way he subtle began the shift into the Achewood world was just great.  Do you all think he actually eats this well, has that many cookbooks, etc.?  If he does eat this well, where the hell does he get the time?  Achewood is such a foodies' comic, and 'Stad has some indepth knowledge of the culinary arts!  There's no other strip that inspires me in the kichen.  I love Chris' post about Teodor sneaking into his room with risotto, and how this ties into Phillipe's post stessing over the lost flashlight.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2004, 06:41:41 pm »

Where does he get the time?

Seriously?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2004, 07:15:22 pm »

I can't read Cornelius' blog.  Just can't.  Don't know why -- too Bronte-esque, I suppose.  

Sorry.  I feel less than cultured now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2004, 08:28:17 pm »

I love how Ray's first thoughts as to the improvement of his pool game may lie with the table/room and not, you know, in the fact that he apparently can't stop trying that "behind-the-back" shot.

And who knew Mr. Bear was such a good pool player, anyway?  Damn!

I agree with everyone thus far who's said the Teodor/Onstad Risotto War is the best thing ever.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2004, 08:40:00 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I can't read Cornelius' blog.  Just can't.  Don't know why -- too Bronte-esque, I suppose.  



Me too.  I can only skim it or my head hurts.  But I guess it's perfect, then.  He would write in exactly that way.

At the other extreme, I can hardly read Lyle's either.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2004, 08:45:15 pm »

I have no trouble with Lyle's.  

The internet has broken me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2004, 09:18:43 pm »

I can get through Mr. Bear's, but yes, the fact that I not only read Lyle's blog but have people on my LJ friendslist/stalkeelist/blogroll/whatever who write at a comparable level (albeit not with comparable adventures) troubles me deeply.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2004, 09:52:24 pm »

THERE IS NOW A LINK FOR A NICE PETE BLOG[/url]

I've been loving the blogs, really, but this could be oh-so-good. Even if there's nothing there at the moment. Ahem.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2004, 10:46:27 pm »

Well, at least now we know his full name.

Redundantly.

I wonder what the H. stands for?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2004, 12:32:53 am »

The risotto war continues to make my pathetic life bearable.  Truly it is a grand time to be alive and have internet access.

I fear Nice Pete's blog.  There are some things we were not meant to know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2004, 01:27:52 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
THERE IS NOW A LINK FOR A NICE PETE BLOG[/url]

I've been loving the blogs, really, but this could be oh-so-good. Even if there's nothing there at the moment. Ahem.


Weird.  I just woke up from a nap wherin I had a dream 'stad added a bunch of new blogs.  I don't remember if Nice Pete's was one of them, but I'm pretty sure each r080t got one.  It's weird to have one of your dreams kinda sorta halfway come true.  It's like being the Achewood Oracle.
Logged

Reverend Sam

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Achewood Character Blogs
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2004, 04:03:41 am »

the comic is now a supplement to the awesomeness that is the blogs

the age of the drawn achewood is at an end
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up