Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Independence Day, Yanks!  (Read 5227 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Happy Independence Day, Yanks!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 05:35:43 pm »

I haven't lived in the suburbs for years (you can argue that Arlington, Alexandria, and Falls Church are suburbs, but they a bit more of an urban feel to them; I'm talking the fuck*ng suburbs here).  I didn't realize that when you get out this far, people go fuck*ng apeshit on the Fourth of July.  We didn't need to go downtown; we just sat on the front lawn and watched the people across the street set off things that were obviously illegal for unlicensed individuals.  And the people down the street, and the people down the street in the other direction, plus we could hear stuff from back behind our house.

I'm just glad it didn't wake up the baby.  I didn't want to immediately become the Asshole Neighbor in our new neighborhood.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Independence Day, Yanks!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 06:18:54 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I haven't lived in the suburbs for years (you can argue that Arlington, Alexandria, and Falls Church are suburbs, but they a bit more of an urban feel to them; I'm talking the fuck*ng suburbs here).  I didn't realize that when you get out this far, people go fuck*ng apeshit on the Fourth of July.  We didn't need to go downtown; we just sat on the front lawn and watched the people across the street set off things that were obviously illegal for unlicensed individuals.  And the people down the street, and the people down the street in the other direction, plus we could hear stuff from back behind our house.

I'm just glad it didn't wake up the baby.  I didn't want to immediately become the Asshole Neighbor in our new neighborhood.

Oh yeah. People making fuck*ng pilgrimages to Phantom Fireworks in Breezewood, PA to get the good shit. Then they set them off right in the middle of the street so the cops can't prove who it was.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Independence Day, Yanks!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 07:27:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Happy 4th of July to all the 'merkins out there.

Canadians and Brits - FUCK YOU!


Jeeze, you ban our beef, you wont allow our lumber across your border 'cause we're too competative, and now this!  


Also, did you just call  your fellow countrymen and women merkins?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=merkin&delete=3584
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up