Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Poll

Okay, so which of the new designs do you want?

Nice Pete
- 1 (5.9%)
Ray
- 2 (11.8%)
Equation of the Week
- 5 (29.4%)
The obligatory Philippe for President shirt
- 2 (11.8%)
None of the goddamn above!
- 6 (35.3%)
Um, more than one of the above
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 05, 2004, 03:50:30 am


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood Shop Selections  (Read 1752 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Achewood Shop Selections
« on: July 05, 2004, 03:50:30 am »

Apparently 'stad has decided to grace us with four new shirt designs, a new button pack, and a new embroidered patch.

I'm not too wild about the new shirt designs, although "Equation of the Week" is sort of tempting. I'm very eh on the buttons and the patch, too.

Also, apparently there are now new types of women's raglans, but... uh, I didn't check those, because yeah, not buying non-unisex T-shirts within the immediate future. Thoughts?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Achewood Shop Selections
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 06:22:02 am »

I didn't see anything I would buy.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New Achewood Shop Selections
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 01:01:58 pm »

I am also tragically unmoved by the new tshirts.

He told me there was going to be a new cookbook this summer.  Here I am, unemployed and with plenty of time to make recipes and take weird pictures of them.  But dang it all the men in my life all making promises they do not keep.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Achewood Shop Selections
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 03:58:58 pm »

Agreed.  Totally not excited about said shirts.  When I read that there were new items I was all hot and ready with my credit card out, but no, sadly, no.

Side note:  does anyone else have that one garment that attracts food stuffs?  My Rabbit Ambulance shirt is a magnet for all things slopped and falling from my mouth.  Infact, looking down at myself now I find a small splotch of unidentified something-er-other right next to the bunny tail.  When I put this shirt on I know that it's guaranteed to be made dirty, to the point where I oft avoid wearing it.  It's only this shirt.  Why?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
New Achewood Shop Selections
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 04:11:29 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Side note:  does anyone else have that one garment that attracts food stuffs?  My Rabbit Ambulance shirt is a magnet for all things slopped and falling from my mouth.  Infact, looking down at myself now I find a small splotch of unidentified something-er-other right next to the bunny tail.  When I put this shirt on I know that it's guaranteed to be made dirty, to the point where I oft avoid wearing it.  It's only this shirt.  Why?


My entire wardrobe skews to dark colors.  That is partly my former black Nine Inch Nails T-Shirt wearing college student having morphed into a black shirted business casual cube dweller, but also is as much a result of the fact that I am such a sloppy eater that any light colored shirts in my wardrobe soon end up stained and unwearable.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Achewood Shop Selections
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 04:45:13 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

My entire wardrobe skews to dark colors.  That is partly my former black Nine Inch Nails T-Shirt wearing college student having morphed into a black shirted business casual cube dweller, but also is as much a result of the fact that I am such a sloppy eater that any light colored shirts in my wardrobe soon end up stained and unwearable.


Likewise, I pretty much always wear black, as it's well, just what I've always worn since I was old enough to pick my own clothes, and for exactly the same reason. I spent from 10-17 wearing nothing but black or NIN shirts...
But now, like I mentioned somewhere, I have bought a buttload of shirts and hoodies online, a good proportion of which are white or ash grey. Fortunately the Penny Arcade ones are black (the cardboard tube samurai shirt had to be got, as did Twisp and Catsby).
But the geek value is worth it!
And I don't get shirts as dirty as I used to, I guess because I eat less sloppily and spend less time outside.

But, these shirts don't sway me, having just bought 9, I thought, maybe I'll go for an Achewood one, but the new ones just don't grab me. I want a Ray shirt but I want one that's more exciting than that, and doesn't just have a circle on the chest (looks a bit dumb to me).
I will get the Everybody Dance... shirt soon though.

Oh, I did get, and was spurred into buying all these shirts, buy picking up the KoL 'an adventurer is me!' shirt, as did my mate. 'Cause it's the coolest!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Achewood Shop Selections
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 08:47:43 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Fortunately the Penny Arcade ones are black (the cardboard tube samurai shirt had to be got, as did Twisp and Catsby).
(...)
Oh, I did get, and was spurred into buying all these shirts, buy picking up the KoL 'an adventurer is me!' shirt, as did my mate. 'Cause it's the coolest!

I'm not a big PA follower, but I may have to get a Twisp and Catsby shirt, because, well, dang. Also, I entirely plan to buy myself the KoL beer stein  for my 21st birthday as my official first act of alcohol-paraphernalia-buying.

As for white shirts, I copy; I have any number of problems with them, but the fact that they stain if you look at them funny is certainly up there. They also just look dingy and cheap in a way that even colored T-shirts of the same absolute cheapness don't. So... yeah, black or colors all the way.

(I would love to spend extra to buy a baseball or raglan thing from Onstad, except that the women's sizes run teeny and the unisex raglans only run in black-on-red, which I just don't want. I know this is probably a supplier issue, but why the hell can he not get decent raglan colors in sizes other than "minuscule?")
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up