Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Poll

Well?

Cheddar
- 1 (5%)
Swiss
- 2 (10%)
Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 (10%)
Provolone
- 1 (5%)
Bleu
- 1 (5%)
Jarlsberg
- 2 (10%)
Feta
- 1 (5%)
American
- 1 (5%)
Other (please specify)
- 8 (40%)
I Hate Cheese Or Am Lactose Intolerant
- 1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: July 07, 2004, 02:13:17 am


Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Cheese  (Read 6626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« on: July 07, 2004, 02:13:17 am »

For eating or for cooking. Any other uses of cheese are immoral, should be stopped, and will be reported to the Dept. O' Homeland Security.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 02:42:59 am »

I love all cheeses much in the same way velvet-throated R&B / Soul musicians love all women, regardless of appearance, flavor, or bouquet.

If I had to pick a favorite, though, one that, left unchecked, I could theoretically ate until I entered a coma due to over-consumption, that favorite is Pepper Jack.

Does this make me a Philistine or just reflect my Life Experience and / or budget?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 02:48:32 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
If I had to pick a favorite, though, one that, left unchecked, I could theoretically ate until I entered a coma due to over-consumption, that favorite is Pepper Jack.

Whole Foods carries a dandy Habeņero Jack. It's wonderous.

My problem is that I hate swiss and all forms of swissiness which rules out a lot of cheeses.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 03:12:19 am »

I'm sorry, Cheddar.

I know -- I'm a philistine...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 03:22:28 am »

I picked Feta because I LOVE it on top of a tuna salad, and also because I figure it will get nonetoomuch love.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 03:26:37 am »

I love all kinds of cheese, but a nice blue or gorgonzola is a thing of beauty forever, or at least for a day and a half.  Just found a blue / Brie hybrid called Montbriac that is the quote-unquote bomb, especially with poached kumquats and pears.  Mmmm.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 06:19:38 am »

Oh man.
That's like choosing a favourite album.

While Parmeggiano is a definite possible (as the parmeggiano from Valvona and Crolla in Edinburgh is just fuck*ng incredible!), brie is just awesome. I don't do blue cheese, as I hate it when the mould is disturbed and the dust falls on my tongue (uuuugh) although with honey it subdues the effect.
But Brie, goddamn... It was just made for bacon, let alone everything else!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 06:26:45 am »

I must say that I have an intense interest in sharp prov.  I like it on sandwiches, by itself, on top of a naked woman... you name it.  I just love the stuff.

Regular provolone, not so great.  But sharp prov is the shee-yacht.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 06:44:36 am »

It's hard to pick a general favorite cheese - that's like picking a favorite tool...they are good for different things.

In general, I like the moldy cheeses - blue cheese, gorgonzola, etc. Nice bite, creaminess, that odd fermented aftertaste. Yummy.

One of the things I remember most about my trip to the UK forever ago was the 'ploughmans lunch'. Bad news if you don't like cheese, but it was good. Stilton. Yummy.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 12:00:34 pm »

I'm just glad that my hoss is still in that race over there.

Also, P.S. to Necktie: Where's That Bird?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 12:42:00 pm »

I loves me some asiago.

Any time you're in Philly, you must go here.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 12:42:51 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but:  moose cheese moose cheese moose cheese moose cheese.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 01:44:56 pm »

i like mozeralla.

i sometimes like other, "normal", cheeses such as cheddar and provolone, but often times they make me sick.

i can not stand cheeseburger cheese.

if it is pizza or a taco maybe it can have cheese on it, but else maybe no cheese ok?

is that ok?

can u have a HAMBURGER?  HELLO?

OUR LANGUAGE HAS A WORD _DEDICATED_ TO THE CONCEPT AND IDEAL OF A CHEESEBURGER WITHOUT CHEESE!  ONE COULD POSSIBLY HYPOTHESIZE THAT IT CAME FIRST, AND THE CHEESEBURGER IS A CONCEPT BASED UPON THAT IDEAL.

I WANT A HAMBURGER YOU BASTARD, I DO NOT WANT A CHEESEBURGER!  I DO NOT WANT A HAMBURGER WITH CHEESE!  YOU MAKE ME FEEL DIRTY AND LESS HUMAN FOR HAVING TO ORDER A CHEESEBURGER WITHOUT CHEESE!!

but,
um,

ya, i like mozeralla.  it usually doesn't make me sick.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 02:05:29 pm »

Red Leicester?
Tilsit?
Caerphilly?
Bel Paese?
Red Windsor?
Stilton?
Emmanthaler?
Gruyere?
Norwegian Jarlsberg?
Lipta?
Lancashire?
White Stilton?
Danish Brew?
Double Gloucester?
Chesire?
Dorset Bluveny?
Brie, Roquefort, Pol le Veq, Port Salut, Savoy Aire, Saint Paulin, Carrier
   de lest, Bres Bleu, Bruson?
Camembert?
Gouda?
Edam?
Case Ness?
Smoked Austrian?
Japanese Sage Darby?
Wenesleydale?
Greek Feta?
Gorgonzola?
Parmesan?
Mozzerella?
Paper Cramer?
Danish Bimbo?
Czech Sheep's Milk?
Venezuelan Beaver Cheese?
Cheddar?
Illchester?
Limburger?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Favorite Cheese
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 02:27:18 pm »

I voted swiss, but I'm a lover of all cheeses.  Love a nice soft blue, like Montery Jack, Brie, and a big on a nice, cardiac arresting plate o' poutine with nice melty curds.

I will be heading out in an hour to the store to pick up some buns and cheese for the Bison Burgers I'll be making for my SO and I for lunch.(sorry Arkabee, just breath and you'll be okay).

Any Suggestions?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up