Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7  (Read 1664 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
« on: July 07, 2004, 12:56:40 pm »

Well dang. I'm not quit sure how to feel about this one. I mean "abnrml"?
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 12:59:44 pm »

Seriously kind of disturbing.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 01:12:03 pm »

Quote from: "keef"
Seriously kind of disturbing.

At least he didn't practically mention you by name.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:16:10 pm »

Kind of snotty, I thought.  Spoiled MF is able to make a living creating humor yet whines when his more experimental efforts are not as commercially successful.  Boo frickin' hoo.

You know, I like Nate Small, and the blogs and Ray's Place and the rest of the non-traditional webcomic type stuff.  A lot.  Thing is, T-shirts pretty much require pictures.  A page of text, no matter how witty or clever, does not translate well to 100% Cotton crew necked media.  And T-shirts with just slogans make you look like Beef.

Oh no... I have to keep drawing my strip so the T-shirts will sell.  Cry me a river.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 03:02:11 pm »

Some of the experiments have worked. Most of the blogs are nice, although I   personally would like a few less (Lyle). Ray's Place consistently delivers. The Secret Ice Cream Parlor was well received as a one-off.

At the beginning he's mocking us for being fan boys then at the end he's mad at us for not loving everything and being un-fanboyish.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 03:16:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Some of the experiments have worked. Most of the blogs are nice, although I   personally would like a few less (Lyle). Ray's Place consistently delivers. The Secret Ice Cream Parlor was well received as a one-off.

At the beginning he's mocking us for being fan boys then at the end he's mad at us for not loving everything and being un-fanboyish.


 :roll:

You sound like a scorned girlfriend. It's precisely this touchiness and tendency to overanalyze that makes this fan base fair game for targeting.

P.S.  BRING BACK SHITS IN THE BED
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up