Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Just an intriguing dream...  (Read 7884 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Just an intriguing dream...
« on: July 09, 2004, 08:31:43 am »

Since I've not been sleeping at all well recently, I seem to have been dreaming more vividly again. And more strangely.
Probably because of the blogs, I had a very strange dream with Ray and Pat in last night!
We were all hanging round this old house, with a very strange layout. It was kind of like the house I grew up in, but weirder. Anyway, Ray, Pat and I, and some random person ended up on this train, one of which's carriages appeared to belong to Pat, as his home.
When we got to this carriage, Pat was there with all his belongings, and various things he had blackmailed people out of, while being an asshole.
The only thing I remember is that he had Ray's accordian. I have no idea why he had an accordian! I guess because I got my Rock and Roll Legend accordian in KoL or something.

Anyway, it ended up with Ray stealing Pat's most treasured book, and I was holding it out the window with him protesting loudly and offering to do anything to get his precious book returned.
I ended up dropping it out of the window, at which point he dropped to his knees (freaky backwards cat knees naturally - quite a sight) and weapt.
At this point I woke up, to discover it was 4.40 am.

And fitting in nicely with this, Pat's blog entry about the cracker guy at the store is superb. I am enjoying Pat's blog so damn much! He is SUCH AN ASSHOLE, it's great!

Damn I realy need some pot!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 03:06:03 pm »

Other folks have mentioned having achewood dreams here and it makes me a bit jealous.  My dreams (that I remember) tend to be about things coming up in the future that I'm stressed about.

I have been sleeping horribly as well, and like slink this brings on very vivid dreams for me.  Last weekend, after much prep-time, I got a puffer giraffe for my aquarium, and on Wednesday came home for lunch to find that the puffer giraffe had torn off and eaten the back half of another giraffe, and the eviscerated and bloody front half of the poor giraffe was still very much alive and desperately, failingly, trying to get away from further attach.  'Twas a truly horrible sight to see.  In one sense this was really horrific, and in another sense, this was just a giraffe.  But every night since, I've had the same horrible dream of the puffer attaching a giraffe, and wake up shortly after falling asleep, and usually end up with only around 3-4 hrs sleep a night.  So. Very. Tired.

Also, yesterday another giraffe was picked off by the puffer in the exact same way, so the dreams will probably continue until the puffer kills the other four tank inhabitants.  I should just flush the others, but I can't bring myself to flush living giraffe.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 03:30:18 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Other folks have mentioned having achewood dreams here and it makes me a bit jealous.  My dreams (that I remember) tend to be about things coming up in the future that I'm stressed about.


Like giant apocalyptic machinery, just mowing us all down?  I hate those.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 04:23:41 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "side_show"
Other folks have mentioned having achewood dreams here and it makes me a bit jealous.  My dreams (that I remember) tend to be about things coming up in the future that I'm stressed about.


Like giant apocalyptic machinery, just mowing us all down?  I hate those.

And in the background are two Amish guys laughing their asses off.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 05:06:32 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "side_show"
Other folks have mentioned having achewood dreams here and it makes me a bit jealous.  My dreams (that I remember) tend to be about things coming up in the future that I'm stressed about.


Like giant apocalyptic machinery, just mowing us all down?  I hate those.

And in the background are two Amish guys laughing their asses off.


When I was in college, some friends of mine and I made a sketch comedy show for our student TV station.  This was a sketch idea that never came to fruition.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 09:53:31 pm »

Now I'm going to have nightmares about that damn puffergiraffe. You can't move it to another tank or anything, can you?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 03:38:52 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Now I'm going to have nightmares about that damn puffergiraffe. You can't move it to another tank or anything, can you?


Actually the whole "puffer eviscerating mollies" problem has been solved by feeding the Puffer twice a day.  Can you believe a giraffe the size of my pinkie finger eats two shrimp a day?!

After the last posting I had a dream that someone was telling me that they had a dream that my boyfriend could juggle really well, even though in real life he can not juggle.  Then yesterday while we were out grocery shopping I turned the isle to discover my boyfriend juggling potatoes very badly, which freaked me out.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 06:25:04 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
After the last posting I had a dream that someone was telling me that they had a dream that my boyfriend could juggle really well, even though in real life he can not juggle.  Then yesterday while we were out grocery shopping I turned the isle to discover my boyfriend juggling potatoes very badly, which freaked me out.


WOOOOOOOOO, CREEEEEPPPPYYY.

Also: does anyone else love the set-up of the "quote" function on this board? I just look up and see "quote=side_show," and in my head I say, quoth the Side_Show, "After the last posting...." In fact, if it is indeed possible, I think Jough should change the set-up so, when you quote somebody, it doesn't say "side_show wrote:," it says "quoth the side_show." And then I'll go get that kilt and personalized Ren-Fair license plate.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 06:46:06 pm »

Well, changing it to have "TEXT HANDLE" rather than "HANDLE TEXT" would require work on my part, but I can change the word "wrote" to pretty much anything, based on a simple template for the language which is English as she is spoke.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 09:36:09 pm »

Last night's dream involved my mother being one of the passengers on the first commercial space-elevator flight to the moon. I remember being both thrilled for her (this involved the general coolness of the new lunar colonies, which I believe in my dream included the first extraplanetary Dairy Queen) and terrified for her (the possibility of space-elevator malfunctions or terrorist attack). The dream naturally got hazy after a while, but I think she managed to actually make it to the moon.

This is what I get for too much Moxy Fruvous, I suppose.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 06:22:55 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
English as she is spoke.


That is some good alluding.
I've been having very vivid dreams lately... more interesting than my life, which has involved Far Too Much Tetris of late.  Last night I dreampt that I'd taken too many mushrooms, so it was mostly just a lot of terrifying hallucinogenic hijinks.  I awoke thinking that as a dream it was rather sub-par.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 08:50:00 pm »

My dreams the last few nights have been much of the hallucinogenic variety, though with less sense-making. I've been somewhat feverous and not sleeping at all well (worse than before), and watching Buffy DVD's as there is little else to do when in bed all day... Makes for some odd dreams for sure.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2004, 09:23:43 pm »

I've started having a series of bizarre recurring anxiety dreams focused around college, all about my doing increasingly unlikely and unwise things with regards to attendance or nonattendance. The most common one is "realizing at the end of the semester that I had another class which I never attended and trying to deal with that," which in its most recent form involved negotiation to take the final in some vain hope that I could pull something out of that. The other recent one has involved being somewhere else, realizing I was supposed to be at class three hours ago, and experiencing strange time distortions (and usually losing things) as I go.

I should probably recopy my schedule and staple it to my hand, to make sure I know what I'm taking and when.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 06:06:35 am »

I've given up sleep in lieu of trying to learn the finger-picking sections of "Happiness is a Warm Gun."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Just an intriguing dream...
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 05:50:09 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I ended up dropping it out of the window, at which point he dropped to his knees (freaky backwards cat knees naturally - quite a sight) and weapt.


Cats do not have freaky backwards knees.  They walk on their tiptoes, so the part of the cat's back leg that looks like it's where the knee should be is in fact the cat's ankle.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up