Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book dealio  (Read 4662 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Book dealio
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 06:08:22 pm »

Things got scary and different when I went away.
Now I am all expecting to get off the train in my home town and it will be a smoking crater and no one will have told me.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Book dealio
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 08:43:08 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Things got scary and different when I went away.
Now I am all expecting to get off the train in my home town and it will be a smoking crater and no one will have told me.

And you will have to agree to let No-No commit the murder act on you to send you back to French camp?
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Book dealio
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 10:23:56 pm »

Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Book dealio
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 10:36:25 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out how Ray manages to get the shirt tucked into the thong without it coming out the other side...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Book dealio
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 01:52:59 am »

Quote from: "Noah"
Coolest cover design ever.


You think?  I'm wondering how much of a draw that cover will have if you don't know who Ray is.  Still, it could have been a horrible pastiche of all of the Achewood characters looking all goofy and such, like say:

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Book dealio
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 03:03:59 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm wondering how much of a draw that cover will have if you don't know who Ray is.


Dude, what has more draw that a cat wearing a thong, a suit, and glasses, while standing on its hind legs, and talking on a cell phone? If I saw that at a book store I'd buy it in an instant.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Book dealio
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 05:03:02 am »

Quote from: "Noah"
If I saw that at a book store I'd buy it in an instant.


....I just might bone it.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

agnes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fireland.com/
Book dealio
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2004, 07:06:47 pm »

Does anyone know what exactly will be in the new book? I was hoping for a big fat Achewood Omnibus Blowout but from what I can tell it's just the stuff from Vol. 1..?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Book dealio
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2004, 07:33:10 pm »

Quote from: "agnes"
Does anyone know what exactly will be in the new book? I was hoping for a big fat Achewood Omnibus Blowout but from what I can tell it's just the stuff from Vol. 1..?

Nobody knows. I hope it at least has the few strips that went missing from Vol. 1.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Book dealio
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2004, 07:44:18 pm »

Well, Onstad has three volumes out that he had made at Kinkos or somewhere.

He has a two book deal, so maybe Vols. 1 and 2 will encompass more than just the first self-published volume, since that was a bit brief.

Hard to say.  I guess we'll find out.

I have the Onstad books but I'll probably pick up the new book to help a brotha out.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Book dealio
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2004, 11:27:29 pm »

I'll probably buy the "real" books, but if they're just reprints of the volumes I already own, I'll be a little irritated. Sigh.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up