Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark  (Read 2049 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:15:48 am »

Holy mother of god and shit, this is the best thing I've heard in ages. WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED EARLIER?

(Some bits'n'pieces here.)
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 06:31:43 am »

I just read a rave review of this on everyone's favorite indie-snob page, Pitchfork Media, and checked out the soundbites on Amazon.  I dunno, I guess I would need to hear more...hopefully they will show up on iTunes.  The Secret Machines didn't do much for me either, and from their description, I thought they would be right up my alley.

Back to my Charlie Parker CDs.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 11:46:55 pm »

Yeah, my old boss loved that CD.


Would that she loved me....
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 03:37:26 am »

ack!

[chokes on tweemo]
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 02:51:58 am »

Nonsense. There will be no pour mouthing of this band with disparaging genre names. They are good! And fun! And a little weird! They have a new album out, too. From what I've heard of it, it's also good.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 08:34:47 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Nonsense. There will be no pour mouthing of this band with disparaging genre names. They are good! And fun! And a little weird! They have a new album out, too. From what I've heard of it, it's also good.


ggkktt!

still choking on horrible tweemo.
must kill belle and sebastian for inspiring all this drippy shit.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: [1]   Go Up