Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Poll

Okay, should we split the "Achewood Character Blogs" topic into separate threads?

YES! I can't follow this shit anymore.
- 15 (65.2%)
Nah, I don't want the forum cluttered.
- 6 (26.1%)
I am a lurker and/or noncommittal.
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: July 21, 2004, 07:18:38 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should We Start Splitting the Blog Topic?  (Read 4779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Should We Start Splitting the Blog Topic?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2004, 03:30:47 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
You verbed F5. This is awesome.




It is less awesome in gerundial form, though.

LET'S FACE IT

V-Adore

  • Guest
Should We Start Splitting the Blog Topic?
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2004, 03:29:41 am »

Okay, now that I'm back from vacation and considering my modly responsibilities again:

I think a thread for each post would be good -- if and only if there was a specific mini-forum dedicated to the blogs. Otherwise, I fear that it's going to get very cluttered in here very fast.

Honestly, I think the consolidated "talk about everything Achewood-related here" forum only works when there's a relatively narrow band of Achewood content coming out -- the daily strips, say, plus an occasional Ray's Place/Serializer installment/Freezepop shout-out/merchandising change/whatever. Now that there's an apparently-regular source of entirely new daily content worthy of discussion, I really worry that the forum will get overloaded with tiny topics, especially since not all blog entries are worthy of threads with more than five posts.

In other words, if we're going to to threadlets for every post, I want them to have their own forum.

Posts by week seem to be totally reasonable, though -- it's a good blend of "readable," "discussion-friendly," and "not forum-cluttering."
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Should We Start Splitting the Blog Topic?
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2004, 06:06:02 pm »

I think that a thread for each post would be just as ridiculous as a single thread, or even more so. the only reason people should be starting a new thread is if there is no current thread available to discuss the topic they want to talk about. Watch. I am gonna start a thread to try to decipher lil' nephew's slang, and then someone else will start one when something else comes up that they want to discuss, but isnt the current topic of the blog thread. the blog thread will eventually die, as it was created to discuss whether or not the blogs would last. The new discussion of the blogs will be a set of seven (at most) smaller threads which stay on topic and are interresting to read. as new topics come up, the old ones will die. It is sort of like how the achewood forum used to work on dumbrella.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Should We Start Splitting the Blog Topic?
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 06:46:38 pm »

Thank you to August for modly action! De-stickying this now, as it appears to have served its purpose.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Should We Start Splitting the Blog Topic?
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 06:58:38 pm »

A moderator is me!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up