Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody else watch Reno 911?  (Read 2143 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« on: July 22, 2004, 07:37:58 pm »

Funniest show on TV.  

My favorite moment is when the guy cons the deputy into shooting his neighbor's dog.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 11:10:31 pm »

I like it but it can be spotty. But I guess that's to be expected with any improv-based entertainment.

The bit with the Klu Sux Klan was great.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 04:13:09 am »

Yeah, I love improv, and about a third of that cast is from one of my favorite sketch-comedy shows, The State, shown on MTV(and had previously starred in You Wrote It, You Watch It, hosted by Jon Stewart, also shown on MTV). I dug the episode with the evangelist, but they really shine when they're out on duty. The creepy old lady with the water heater? Awesome! Ku Sux Klan? Agreed, Cort -- the fact that those KKK (KSK?) guys show up every so often always gets me.

Geek: "Also I'm immune to any kind of projectile weapon or spells below the 16th level--"
Officer: "You immune to pepper spray?"
Officer pepper-sprays Geek


Beautiful.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 05:08:21 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Ku Sux Klan? Agreed, Cort -- the fact that those KKK (KSK?) guys show up every so often always gets me.


This isn't a cross.  It's a T.  A T for tolerance.  A T for teamwork!

He's accident prone.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 12:54:36 pm »

It's also funny how many of the crazy people they deal with are just the officers with their faces blurred out. It gives the whole thing a nice low-budget thing.

And weren't the State people the same ones who did Viva Variety? If I remember right the head officer (I can't remember his name) was Mr. Laupin. Quickly Robin, to IMDB!

(time passes)

Well I'll be, I was right. I miss Johnny Bluejeans.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 01:14:47 pm »

I think Johnny Bluejeans (Michael Ian Black) is now on Ed. I've seen him getting more and more famous recently; good for him. He was on VH1's I Love 4.3 Seconds Ago; too bad for him.

Remember when I typed his name in parintheses? That was awesome.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Anybody else watch Reno 911?
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 06:48:56 pm »

Yeah, I remember earlier today.  Choop wrote Michael Ian Black's name in parentheses.  It was a great time to be a member of the OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board (TOUAMB).

Man, that was just clean living.
Pages: [1]   Go Up