Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04  (Read 11026 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« on: July 23, 2004, 11:55:31 am »

The last panel is CLASSIC RAY. And is it just me, or does Teodor look doped in panel 3?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 12:51:10 pm »

I would have titled this thread "What the Damn Hell!"

Still marvelling over the irony of Lyle cutting hair.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 01:12:57 pm »

NICE.  Best strip all week.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 01:14:54 pm »

"You don't cut dry hair, dude." Because that is exactly the question that Ray was asking. Nice.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 01:28:27 pm »

I like Teodor's expression in the 3d panel.  It's just the right mix of bemusement and "WTF is Ray going on about now".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 01:44:42 pm »

Four Great Things:

1.  Teodor's look in panel #3...so sad to have the shampoo interrupted.

2.  "Nugget" magazine.  

3.  "It seemed to give him energy."

4.  Ray's angry look.

Bonus Thing:  Lyle and Ray are obviously missing Lyle's true calling...opening a damn barber shop.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 03:11:16 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
NICE.  Best strip all week.


Agreed.  I laughed out loud, then realized my office door was opened.  I love it when the alt. text blatently explains exactly what had just happened.  I don't know why, but it makes me laugh every time.

Sadly, I had a little Taco Bell for lunch yesterday, and only after I took a bite did I think of SaniTaco.  It made the whole experince kind of gross, but damned if I didn't eat it anyway!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 04:07:51 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I love it when the alt. text blatently explains exactly what had just happened.  I don't know why, but it makes me laugh every time.

I love the clinical feel it gives the strip. Like you're watching a Discovery show on Achewood. The little thing that makes them is that they always just say "the cat" or "the otter" instead of using names.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 04:22:46 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
Bonus Thing:  Lyle and Ray are obviously missing Lyle's true calling...opening a damn barber shop.


I would actually say this is the best thing. Lyle is obviously a talented hairstylist, AND he's not afraid to exercise his skills, cementing his position as Achewood's alpha male.

He could be pulling down mad scrill.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 04:39:21 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I love the clinical feel it gives the strip. Like you're watching a Discovery show on Achewood. The little thing that makes them is that they always just say "the cat" or "the otter" instead of using names.


Ah ha!  You've fallen into the trap too!  You wrote "they always say" rather than "he always writes."  Nice.  A sign that things are awesome.

Quote from: "Formica"
I would actually say this is the best thing. Lyle is obviously a talented hairstylist, AND he's not afraid to exercise his skills, cementing his position as Achewood's alpha male.


Woah now.  Lyle ain't no alpha male.  It's all about Ray as far as I'm concerned.  This will so totally be followed by Ray giving the smack down.

Also, I remember Beef having good hair at one point.  Who did his hair?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 04:42:20 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I love the clinical feel it gives the strip. Like you're watching a Discovery show on Achewood. The little thing that makes them is that they always just say "the cat" or "the otter" instead of using names.

Ah ha!  You've fallen into the trap too!  You wrote "they always say" rather than "he always writes."  Nice.  A sign that things are awesome.

Actually "they" was referring to the various alt-texts but your way works too. Besides, in storyline terms Chris doesn't write them himself.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 04:47:28 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I love the clinical feel it gives the strip. Like you're watching a Discovery show on Achewood. The little thing that makes them is that they always just say "the cat" or "the otter" instead of using names.

Ah ha!  You've fallen into the trap too!  You wrote "they always say" rather than "he always writes."  Nice.  A sign that things are awesome.

Actually "they" was referring to the various alt-texts but your way works too. Besides, in storyline terms Chris doesn't write them himself.


Oops! You're right.  

But really, I just wanted to interject "a sign that things are awesome" into the thread.  I was just thinking as I was driving to my office today that things are just so awesome.  I was in my car, thinking how weird it was that I was happy to be going into work, and liking my job.  Then I told myself "this is a sign that things are awesome," and then I got here and the strip pleased me so.  It pleased me so.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 05:40:46 pm »

a SaniTaco t-shirt would be possibly the best piece of merchandise that onstad could ever sell.

much better than those new ray + nice pete designs grumble
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 05:46:14 pm »

Quote from: "palm trees doth writ doth writ"
a SaniTaco t-shirt would be possibly the best piece of merchandise that onstad could ever sell.


Other than the tacos themselves, obviously.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
"It Seemed To Give Him Energy."- 23/7/04
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 06:11:00 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
But really, I just wanted to interject "a sign that things are awesome" into the thread.  I was just thinking as I was driving to my office today that things are just so awesome.  I was in my car, thinking how weird it was that I was happy to be going into work, and liking my job.  Then I told myself "this is a sign that things are awesome," and then I got here and the strip pleased me so.  It pleased me so.


Say, are you all split on green?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up