Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Baby Thread  (Read 20824 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Me too!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 04:54:23 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
jldunston, I'm preggers, too.  That ticker is just adorable.  I was using one from FertilityFriend.com but the Lilypie one is way cuter, I think.

JL, the ante has been upped! Va was all, "oh sure your sig bar is fine but behold my belly avatar!" And JL was all, "damn! I've got served!"

JL has only one course of action available to her now. Not just a belly avatar, but an animated belly avatar.


PWNT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 06:16:53 pm »

Y'all making the pregnancy-centric avatars, animated or otherwise, had better slap a big old red MS Paint "BABY INSIDE --->" notice on there, so people who are just visiting don't confuse us with this fun and (ahem) well-balanced bunch.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 06:25:09 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Y'all making the pregnancy-centric avatars, animated or otherwise, had better slap a big old red MS Paint "BABY INSIDE --->" notice on there, so people who are just visiting don't confuse us with this fun and (ahem) well-balanced bunch.


Question:  WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?  This is not the sort of site one stumbles upon by accident.  I've seen it, now I can't unsee it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 06:35:40 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Question:  WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?  This is not the sort of site one stumbles upon by accident.  I've seen it, now I can't unsee it.


Yeah, sorry about that.

You would be horrified to discover what one can stumble upon by accident. I blame near-contant exposure to the Internet for almost ten years and regular, capricious, and occasionally drunken use of search engines.

Yeah, go on. There are twisted little people all over the world devoting the better part of their lives to cranking out all this wonderful content, and they are squirming in their seats with delight at the idea that you may, one day, stumble upon it.

Also: congratulations to all anticipating a Blessed Event.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 06:49:51 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Y'all making the pregnancy-centric avatars, animated or otherwise, had better slap a big old red MS Paint "BABY INSIDE --->" notice on there


No.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 06:52:29 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
and occasionally drunken use of search engines.


Occasionally?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 07:14:26 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Also: congratulations to all anticipating a Blessed Event.


He has to end his post about naked fat dude pictures with a congrats, because the dude is classy.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Baby Thread
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 08:53:22 pm »

I'm still deciding on whether to allow pregnant gut avatars.

I mean, I'm all for AS MUCH NUDITY AS THE LAW ALLOWS in avatar useage provided it is attractive nudity (i.e. what Jough likes) but I don't know - right now it's kinda cute but 100 days from now we're all going to be such as "Ew. Gross." So perhaps it is better to nip it in the bud ASAP.

I'll let the kids weigh in on the issue before I lay the perfunctory SMACK-DOWN on't.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 09:02:01 pm »

The pregnancy has also made my rack truly impressive.  Is that the kind of nudity Jough likes?  Or maybe you just HATE BABIES!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Baby Thread
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 09:20:44 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Or maybe you just HATE BABIES!


Well, I wouldn't doubt that.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Baby Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 10:30:23 pm »

I like babies, but I have to put some katsup on them first because otherwise their little flesh is a bit gamey.

Anyway, yeah, a big milk-swollen rack could be kinda unpleasant, too, but I'd prefer that to the "if this thing had teeth it would totally be biting its way out à la Alien right about now" avatar.

I'm just saying.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Baby Thread
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 10:47:20 pm »

Well, there goes MY appreciation for the magical wonder of birth.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
The Baby Thread
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2004, 02:39:36 pm »

I do have an ultrasound photo in which my baby totally looks like an alien monster.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Baby Thread
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2004, 04:43:37 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I do have an ultrasound photo in which my baby totally looks like an alien monster.


Whoa!
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Baby Thread
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2004, 06:31:48 pm »

Looked like a Playboy bunny to me, which might be apt.
Then again it might just be a finger print on my monitor...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up