Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04  (Read 2593 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
« on: August 02, 2004, 07:03:37 am »

So I guess that put's to rest any question about whether Ray's done it asleep style.  Solo, anyway.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 11:14:06 am »

Hee!  I'm liking Waterbury more and more everyday.

..and Ray wearing that helmet is priceless :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 04:27:07 pm »

Tomorrow Ray wakes up not only in the helmet and pads but with headgear and one of those sproingy rubber tethers attaching him to bed.
Logged

SolGrundy

  • Guest
You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 04:40:09 pm »

The strip itself is reasonably funny.

The tooltip text puts it over the edge to brilliant.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 06:02:58 pm »

"Somn-onanist" is a fantastic word, and I intend to use it the moment I find someone to whom it is applicable.

This is one of those strips that iosn't funny for any one particular reason but through a confluence of factors. Ray's little sleep outfit; his reaction to Waterbury; the word "somn-onanist"; the exposition-style alt text to explain the joke and Ray's species to anyone confused -- it's all up ons, to use technical terminology.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 10:46:27 pm »

I actually laughed out loud at this one, or, rather LOL'D!!!! OMFG!

I just love that final line....I think we're done talking about this.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up