Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Worst Fifteen Songs  (Read 17363 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Bump
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2004, 01:19:29 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'm not going to post a list to this (though I really want to) because that's the punishment for being away so long.



punishment for whom?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Bump
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2004, 02:24:45 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"

punishment for whom?


Yea, I mean, it's not like half our threads even stay on topic, so adding to an old one, on topic would win you a Pulitzer!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2005, 03:18:06 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
I'll be slowly adding to my list of songs i HATE by bands i LOVE:

1. Luna- "Bonny and Clyde".  I think it's on Penthouse.  It's the one about Bonny and Clyde with the French(?) lady Singing(?).  maybe it's an OK song, if i were to be able to get over the sheer pomposity of it, except that it just does not fit on the album.  the album is not experimental.  why put this song on the album? why? whywhywhywhywhy? Dean, you would have made this type of song in G500 with the crazy art-school lady, but you guys broke up that band? remember? OF COURSE YOU REMEMBER because otherwise you wouldn't have been able to make this crappy song.
Sadly, it makes me ALWAYS pick this album LAST when i'm looking for a bit of Luna.


2. Soundargen- "Spoonman".  On superunknown.  i hate this song.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2005, 03:23:24 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"

2. Soundargen- "Spoonman".  On superunknown.  i hate this song.


I don't know how to spell a singularly shocked noise.
I love that song. That is all.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2005, 04:24:36 pm »

I just hate when Chris tears into that word . . . "Spooooooonmaaaaaaan". I'm down with that, Ark.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2005, 05:07:40 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I just hate when Chris tears into that word . . . "Spooooooonmaaaaaaan". I'm down with that, Ark.


Me too.  It was one of the Low points for the Seattle music scene.  The rest of the album ain't bad though.  In fact, much of it's pretty damn good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2005, 05:22:15 pm »

Holy Jesus, Luna covered a Serge Gainsbourg song??
I really, really need to seek this out immediately.  For serious.  I love my sleazy French pop.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2005, 05:26:34 pm »

Yeah, I got no problem with most of Soundgarden. I did just notice that Ark has added 2 #2s to his list, and they are both Soundgarden songs.

I don't like Black Sabbath's "Changes". Ozzy, you're an iconic metal-type guy, but your voice when combined with that song seems intended to make me hate you. That's the worst possible song that could have been paired with your voice.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2005, 05:39:26 pm »

I would like "Spoonman" better if local alterna-rock stations didn't overplay the shit out of it.  Not on my "worst songs" list by any means though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2005, 06:33:33 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A tolerable song is now a horror for me.


Well, shit, now I wrecked a song for you.  Jim feel bad now.


No, my, friend, you have illuminated me. Besides, when I hear cowbell in a song now I picture Will Ferrell jumping around and Christopher Walken egging him on.

My GOD, man, I GOTTA have MORE COWBELL! I can't LIVE without more COWBELL!
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2005, 11:30:38 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Holy Jesus, Luna covered a Serge Gainsbourg song??
I really, really need to seek this out immediately.  For serious.  I love my sleazy French pop.


Gainsbourg may be sleazy, but he's a fuck*ng genius.  Have you heard the Cannabis soundtrack?  That's been on very heavy rotation lately.  It's worth seeking out, IMMEDIATELY.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2005, 01:12:31 am »

There's some quote from a William Gibson book, in which a character describes Gainsbourg as "Some French guy named Gainsbourg who sounded like he was being slowly jerked off as he sang."

But I like him too!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2005, 04:45:01 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
There's some quote from a William Gibson book, in which a character describes Gainsbourg as "Some French guy named Gainsbourg who sounded like he was being slowly jerked off as he sang."

But I like him too!


I guess in that one song, Je T'aime...Moi Non Plus (I think that's the title, a duet with Birkin featuring heavy breathing and the like), one of the lines translates as "I come and go in between your kidneys."  Also, he sang a duet about incest with his daughter.  And told Whitney Houston he wanted to fuck her on a live TV show, from what I hear.

Seriously though, Cannabis is a brilliant record.  I stumbled upon it through Saint Etienne--their mix album "The Trip" opens with the title track from Cannabis.  It's so brilliant, and the rest of the score ain't bad either.  He scored it for a movie he starred in.  I'm trying to find a copy of it, but no such luck yet.  But I think the album should be easy enough to download if you look around a bit.  CD copies run for about $30, and I haven't found an LP copy yet.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2005, 06:18:36 am »

not only did i add #2 twice,
the second time i mispelt the bands name.
and i think i just mispelt mispell.

their grrreeeeeat! (wherein "their" = "me")

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "arkabee"
I'll be slowly adding to my list of songs i HATE by bands i LOVE:

1. Luna- "Bonny and Clyde".  I think it's on Penthouse.  It's the one about Bonny and Clyde with the French(?) lady Singing(?).  maybe it's an OK song, if i were to be able to get over the sheer pomposity of it, except that it just does not fit on the album.  the album is not experimental.  why put this song on the album? why? whywhywhywhywhy? Dean, you would have made this type of song in G500 with the crazy art-school lady, but you guys broke up that band? remember? OF COURSE YOU REMEMBER because otherwise you wouldn't have been able to make this crappy song.
Sadly, it makes me ALWAYS pick this album LAST when i'm looking for a bit of Luna.


2. Soundgarden- "Full on Kevin's Mom" from Louder than Love.
I hate this song.  my name is Kevin.  i listened to this tape a lot.  this song sucks.  i love soundgarden.  why did you make this song, guys?


3. Soundgarden- "Spoonman". On superunknown. i hate this song.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2005, 06:29:17 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "arkabee"

2. Soundargen- "Spoonman".  On superunknown.  i hate this song.


I don't know how to spell a singularly shocked noise.
I love that song. That is all.


"Feel the rhythm with your hands
Steal the rhythm while you can, Spoonman
Speak the rhythm on your own
Speak the rhythm all alone, Spoonman

Spoonman, come together with your hands
Save me, I'm together with your plan
Save me"

what.
the.
fuck.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up