Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Worst Fifteen Songs  (Read 17357 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2005, 06:33:12 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "arkabee"

2. Soundargen- "Spoonman".  On superunknown.  i hate this song.


I don't know how to spell a singularly shocked noise.
I love that song. That is all.


"Feel the rhythm with your hands
Steal the rhythm while you can, Spoonman
Speak the rhythm on your own
Speak the rhythm all alone, Spoonman

Spoonman, come together with your hands
Save me, I'm together with your plan
Save me"

what.
the.
fuck.


My own annoyance with that fuck*ng song could not have been expressed better.  Although I'm sure Spoonman really appreciated the minor celebrity status that the song briefly gave him.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2005, 06:52:01 am »

Quote from: "miles"

My own annoyance with that fuck*ng song could not have been expressed better.  Although I'm sure Spoonman really appreciated the minor celebrity status that the song briefly gave him.


i hope noone thinks i'm trying to diss the virtuosity of mr. spoonman.  his spooning is incaparable.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2005, 08:36:03 pm »

You have to be careful dogging Soundgarden for their lyrics, because most of them are fairly dodgy.

I'm sitting in a magic hat
With smoke and mirrors
And tire rubber fires
Watch me disappear
What made it slow you down
Sucking on a ball and chain
Another motherfucker goes down the drain
Hard headed fuck you all
Just add it up to the hot rod death toll

And I like that song. Nice work, Chris.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2005, 11:47:52 pm »

I'm not sure if it actually qualifies for this thread, since I'm not sure I ever liked the band in the first place, but "Wake Up (And Make Love To Me)" has some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard. I am honestly sort of sketched out by the fact that The SO loves this song. I mean, what the shit? Should I be troubled?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2005, 12:01:46 am »

Honey? Honey? Honneeeeeyyyyyyy! Wake up! Wake up....and make LOVE to me!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2005, 01:45:13 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
You have to be careful dogging Soundgarden for their lyrics, because most of them are fairly dodgy.


yes, but, i hate the music part as well.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2005, 04:46:52 am »

Well, yeah - the music on that song is pretty goofy. Good point.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2005, 06:11:20 am »

I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but then again I don't really keep up with the kids anymore.

Oh, as far as the "blind buys" that I downloaded without having heard them at all first, I am very much liking Television's "Marquee Moon" and Badly Drawn Boy's "Bewilderbeast".  

Also, The Thorns album is really good and I also like Love's "Forever Changes" which is the best album from the 60s you've never heard.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2005, 11:41:12 pm »

I wouldn't call Forever Changes particularly unknown, but then again I assumed everyone had Marquee Moon, so what the hell do I know?


Edit: Why do my fingers fight with my keyboard, instead of working in concert with it?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2005, 12:44:00 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wouldn't call Forever Changes particularly unkown, but then again I assumed everyone had Marquee Moon, so what the hell do I know?


See, I thought the game was albums anyone who is, as they say, anyone should have.  Although albums everyone DOES have would also be a good game in itself.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2005, 02:28:58 am »

Or albums that are in every used CD bin ever. Or, even better, GOOD albums that are in every CD bin.

"LAST SPLASH," BY THE BREEDERS, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2005, 05:25:08 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wouldn't call Forever Changes particularly unkown, but then again I assumed everyone had Marquee Moon, so what the hell do I know?


Arthur Lee is now out of prison, I understand.  They played in Seattle one summer, but I wasn't there.

Make-Up:  Mission accomplished.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2005, 05:25:47 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Or albums that are in every used CD bin ever.


The elves that used to repair pair after pair of shoes for kindly old tinkers are now responsible for distributing copies of "Bigger, Better, Faster, More!", and from all appearances they are doing a terrific job. I heard it is actually illegal to operate a used music storefront in some states without at least two copies of this album.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2005, 09:04:56 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wouldn't call Forever Changes particularly unkown, but then again I assumed everyone had Marquee Moon, so what the hell do I know?


See, I thought the game was albums anyone who is, as they say, anyone should have.  Although albums everyone DOES have would also be a good game in itself.


OK, I was just referring to Jogh's comment, which itself probably references the Albums I'm a Fool For Not Owning thread. This thread appears to be, at it's core, songs that suck by artists you love. I don't think there's anything about how everyone should have these albums, otherwise St. Zart's list makes me look like an idiot. Not only do I not have those albums, I've never even heard of some of those artists. I'm sticking with Limmo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
The Worst Fifteen Songs
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2005, 04:58:08 pm »

Woo-hoo!

Marquee Moon is one of those records that I know is utterly excellent yet I always turn it off after the fourth song ends.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up