Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 2152 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Wish me luck
« on: August 07, 2004, 07:08:56 pm »

So's I don't break a leg or hyperextend a knee or something.

I'm off to play in my high school's third annual alumni soccer game.  I've played in the first two, and am in much better shape this year.  I like it because it gives me the chance to run into (literally) some of my friends and foes from younger days.

Be seeing you!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:25:29 pm »

Scary stuff.  Good luck man.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Wish me luck
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 11:39:19 pm »

Man, enjoy yourself! And don't break anything.

(I am reminded of my elementary school's traditional sixth-graders-vs.-teachers softball game, in which I managed to totally destroy my ankle and thus limped the rest of the summer. Good times!)
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Wish me luck
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 02:52:02 am »

God, I miss soccer.  If I tried to play now I would probably die.  Literally.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Wish me luck
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 01:14:50 am »

I am home, safe and a little sore.  My ankles hurt.  My knees, which are pretty much shot anyway, hurt.  My head hurts and my stomach is queasy, although this is the result of the excessive drinking after the game rather than a true athletic injury.

It was a good game.  My rockstar classmate showed up for the first time.  I didn't get to ask him about the reports that his band is getting back together, but his brother said he didn't know anything about it.  Our side lost, 6 - 4.  I had some good headers and did not fall down (much).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up