Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Blogs, Week of August 9  (Read 9133 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 05:23:11 pm »

Teodor's post seems to verify the "Ray gets incredibly better at golf when under the influence of mind-altering substances," yeah.

On the Molly/Beef situation -- they honestly sound pretty happy. One assumes the entire "finger issue," as it were, is not intendeed malevolently or even as the prelude to a breakup. I think she just wants to see what happens. (I agree that it would take a couple Crays and a mysterious bootleg Photoshop sent back from the future to be rendered right, but that's the price you pay for genius.)

I am proud of Philippe's brave anti-"num chucks" stance. More candidates should take a clear stance on what they think about America's movie-ninja-related problems.

Watch your noggins, Kenny Loggins.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 06:10:07 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am proud of Philippe's brave anti-"num chucks" stance. More candidates should take a clear stance on what they think about America's movie-ninja-related problems.


Agreed. Next we need a constitutional amendment banning straight to video films featuring washed up UFC partici#####. I am looking to the Poopytime Party to demonstrate this kind of leadership.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 03:09:49 am »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am proud of Philippe's brave anti-"num chucks" stance. More candidates should take a clear stance on what they think about America's movie-ninja-related problems.


Agreed. Next we need a constitutional amendment banning straight to video films featuring washed up UFC partici#####. I am looking to the Poopytime Party to demonstrate this kind of leadership.


I don't know - the NNA is a pretty powerful lobby in this country.  Once you're on their shit list, your candidacy is pretty much sunk.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 04:04:24 pm »

I find it difficult to make myself read Chris's blog.  It kind of freaks me out.
Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 04:11:31 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I find it difficult to make myself read Chris's blog.  It kind of freaks me out.


The weird thing I get from reading Onstad's blog is that, in his "interactions" with the animals, he is like a sort of absent-bad-parent-type figure to his own creations - which is weird, since at this point he seems more dedicated than ever to his characters through his creation of the blogs, a strip that now usually runs every day, etc.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 04:33:59 pm »

Yeah, about Chris's blog: do you think that the stuff that's in there without the characters is actual IRL stuff? For instance, did a phone book REALLY scrape his car? Or is his blog 100% fictional?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 06:48:58 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Yeah, about Chris's blog: do you think that the stuff that's in there without the characters is actual IRL stuff? For instance, did a phone book REALLY scrape his car? Or is his blog 100% fictional?


I think he really did get woken up in the middle of the night because Philippe was playing his little piano, and he really did stash it in the rafters.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 07:03:36 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Or is his blog 100% fictional?


Fictional?????
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 07:40:48 pm »

Chris's blog does concern me. It seems like he really is sort of a negligent "parent" figure at best (especially to Philippe, who probably needs it most), and he seems totally out-of-touch with their lives, which feels very strange. Maybe that's why we only see his shoe?

I remain as always stunned and giggling at Ray's total ability to fuck up anything, no matter what. Poor Mr. Bear. The indignity!

Incidentally, is anyone brave enough to try the Awesome? It seems totally gratuitous and decadent in a very Rayesque, so-rich-you-go-straight-from-hungry-to-feelin'-sick way, but I can't tell.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2004, 08:14:53 pm »

I don't see Onstad as a father figure in Acheworld.  He's just another housemate.  Why should he be more responsible/parental than T-Adore or Mr. Bear?  Phillippe has a Mom of his own.  Despite that, for some obscure reason he lives on his own as a 5 year old.  Onstad's not in loco parentis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2004, 08:22:18 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I don't see Onstad as a father figure in Acheworld.  He's just another housemate.  Why should he be more responsible/parental than T-Adore or Mr. Bear?  Phillippe has a Mom of his own.  Despite that, for some obscure reason he lives on his own as a 5 year old.  Onstad's not in loco parentis.

This is true; I think we naturally tend to slot him into an in loco parentis figure, but you're very right that he really isn't. I just find the near-total disinterest sort of disconcerting. He apparently doesn't even read their blogs! One would think a housemate would do more inquiries about, you know, what the hell Lyle is dragging in and why Philippe is up at all hours of the morning (at this point he's practically nocturnal).

I remain as always nonplussed and disquieted about Philippe's living arrangements. With the exception of her profoundly bizarre taste in gifts, Philippe's mom seems able to care for him and concerned about his life; why is it that he lives in Onstad's house instead of with his mother and possible-stepfather? I'm not sure I totally want to think about it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 09:02:04 pm »

Do the animals age? Maybe Philippe has been 5 years old for a decade now.

Has blog Chris mentioned being married at all? I seem to read it as him implying he's another single guy living in the house.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 09:10:36 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Incidentally, is anyone brave enough to try the Awesome? It seems totally gratuitous and decadent in a very Rayesque, so-rich-you-go-straight-from-hungry-to-feelin'-sick way, but I can't tell.


It sounds a little like a Romanburger from Mr. Hero. Maybe some of you don't get Mr. Hero.



It's a sub roll, two hamburger patties, cheese, salami, sauteed onions, mayo and some other things I can't remember but EVERY time I'm back in NE Ohio I have to get me one of these.

They are, as you say in your country, the bomb-diggety.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 09:20:29 pm »

if i Lyle was my roomate,
the last possible thing i'd want to know before i died
would be to know why he is dragging in late.

Lyle reminds me vaguely of an old roomate,
Sampson, who would periodically be around
when other housemates were present.
He'd pop his head into the living room and
present his: "Hey ya'll" and proceed to let us
know what insane thing he did just this very moment:
"Hey ya'll! i just dyed my pubes! Look!"

Except the rather than show his pubes,
i'd imagine Lyle would say:
"I just emptied this bottle!" *CRASH*

I postulate that Blog-Chris is a roomie,
and possibly in the past was enamored
by the fact that his roomates are Alive
Stuffed Animals, but the shiny-shiny-new
has since rubbed off, and he just wants
the fuck*ng piano not to play at 4:30 in
the AM if that's all right with the rest of
the house and GODDAM why is the kitchen
floor STICKY AGAIN!

I further postulate that i'd imagine that Pat doesn't
think that Nice Pete Fellow is quite as Nice as his
name Makes Him Out To Be,
but that whenever Pat get's into a rant,
that Nice Pete can taste the rabidness of it
and actually submits to the sheer pompeistic
potential energy of Pat's impedning aenyrism,
and gives a righteous "right on!" and nods his
head soundly as Pat sputters on about the
utter impossibilities of eating the Fried Chicken
with the inferior and inadaquate Plastic Spork,
all the while agreeing ostensibly with Pat,
yet in his head imaging how difficult it would be
to saw through Bone with the poorly serrated edge
of the spork, and that a metal utensile would work much better.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2004, 01:16:05 am »

Look everybody!  Arkabee wrote us a poem!

Excellent.

Arkabee, You..Are..Rad..
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up