Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Blogs, Week of August 9  (Read 9125 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 05:39:31 am »

I intended to make some sort of "radical prose poem" snarkola comment, but August beat me to it, as usual.

It actually reads very prose-poemy. Especially the part about Nice Pete tasting the rabidness of Pat's impending aneurysm.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2004, 09:20:15 am »

I'd love to be on the jury when Pat SUES RAY'S PARTY.

I mean, who hasn't been at a party that sucked so much you just wanted to drag the host to court for violation of party radness?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2004, 01:07:43 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I intended to make some sort of "radical prose poem" snarkola comment, but August beat me to it, as usual.

It actually reads very prose-poemy. Especially the part about Nice Pete tasting the rabidness of Pat's impending aneurysm.


I really wasn't trying to be snarky.  I liked it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2004, 01:09:13 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
I'd love to be on the jury when Pat SUES RAY'S PARTY.

I mean, who hasn't been at a party that sucked so much you just wanted to drag the host to court for violation of party radness?

Like that concert where the fans sued Creed. This could be an interesting precedent.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2004, 01:31:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Like that concert where the fans sued Creed.


this is really true?  there is a god? santa does exist?

honestly, as much as i hate Creed, i'd have to say that being able to sue a band because they SUCK SO MUCH would, indeed, be a horrible precedent that my band (if ever formed in a near apologetic future) would never, ever be able to overcome.  sigh.  no cover of tiger meat for me.

i had to look up what "snarky" meant, because contextually i only new the word as an Alien Race from a Marvel Comic Book.  I think.  weren't the Snarks the ones menacing the Power Pack (weren't the Power Pack led by the son of the Richards?)?

i have a feeling that Pat and Nice Pete shared a lot of feelings together in prison...
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2004, 03:20:37 pm »

Quote from: "the Creed article"
The suit contends that "during the Creed concert, Stapp left the stage on several occasions during several songs for long periods of time, rolled around on the floor of the stage in apparent pain or distress and appeared to pass out onstage during the performance."

You know, I can't blame him? Maybe he had a sudden attack of self-realization and deep, deep shame. I mean... I would, too.

Also, I can't figure out how exploitative this whole "Philippe's garbage-can backpack" thing is. Hey, Philippe's having fun, at least.

Also: I have never wanted to hit Little Nephew quite this much before. Sigh.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2004, 04:20:23 pm »

Oh my. I keep forgetting there is a Little Nephew blog! I have been meaning to read it for weeks, but always forgot to blogline it.
I have just spent the day catching up on the last fortnight's entries for every other charcater though.
Nice Pete is easy to catch up on!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2004, 10:25:35 pm »

MOD BUSINESS:
Okay, just for the record, the discussion of Creed has been split into A&E. It should be pretty easy to find.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2004, 02:05:52 am »

A Hawaiian themed party.

That means there will be bunch of meth-amphetamined asian/polynesians with riced-out hondas robbing Ray's crib tonight. Smooth. At least, that's how it went down at my place.

Word on the local food though: not exactly terrible but he does more-or-less describe the signature local dish, Loco Moco. If I eat it, it looks like this:

A bowl of fried rice with portuguese sausage and/or spam mixed in with the usual ingredients.

One or two Hamburger patties on top.

A bunch of sauteed onions on the patties.

A fried egg or two on the onions.

Drown the whole thing in brown gravy.

Eat. Die. Repeat.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2004, 10:09:27 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
A Hawaiian themed party.

That means there will be bunch of meth-amphetamined asian/polynesians with riced-out hondas robbing Ray's crib tonight. Smooth. At least, that's how it went down at my place.

Word on the local food though: not exactly terrible but he does more-or-less describe the signature local dish, Loco Moco. If I eat it, it looks like this:

A bowl of fried rice with portuguese sausage and/or spam mixed in with the usual ingredients.

One or two Hamburger patties on top.

A bunch of sauteed onions on the patties.

A fried egg or two on the onions.

Drown the whole thing in brown gravy.

Eat. Die. Repeat.


i doth et this dish once.

Considering i live in washington stae, it was a rarity. I can't remember where. it was a 24hr place we hit after the bars shut down. some dennys-esqe family place. I remember wanting not a grilled ham n' cheez, not some shit for omlette, and not a burger. i went all indiana jones and order the above mentioned dish. WAIT! i remember now! it was a dive-diner in a fromer hometown of mine---the freeland cafe. (freeland is a town, not a commune)

the waitress bought out this steamin' pile of rice-burger-egg-gravy-somethin and laughter insued.


don't get it.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2004, 03:25:22 pm »

Quote from: "sailor"
it was a 24hr place we hit after the bars shut down.


That scenario never ever ends well.  I always end up eating something unfortunate.  Never as bad as that Thing, though.  Jesus.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2004, 03:51:47 pm »

You know what?  I'm tired of the Beef/Molly cliffhanger.  I need some resolution.

When last we saw the happy couple, Molly had instructed Beef to get in bed all unclothed after his shower.  She was contemplating a digito-rectal invasion and we all feared tragic results -- or fireworks at the very least.  And now... nothing since Tuesday.

I want to know what happened with Operation StinkFinger!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2004, 05:32:28 pm »

I broke up laughing at this:

Quote from: "Ray Smuckles"
I remember when I was his age...if you gave me a tool, half an hour later I would have created an object. Oh, snap!

Even on top of the rambling about the kind of music "a party likes" and why parties not depending on a *#*#* is good, that's a killer line.

Also, holy shit Pat is a dick! What the crap! You know, just when I think I'm entirely aware of what a dick Pat is, it just re-blindsides me. Jesus God.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2004, 08:12:28 pm »

Oh no, the real Beef/Molly cliffhanger is back - now that Teodor won't have Shannon to distract him, what's going to happen?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Character Blogs, Week of August 9
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2004, 03:05:48 am »

Man, better that Molly gets with Teodor than with Lyle. Hell, man, I'm just imagining Molly all strung out on cheap smack, doing an ass-to-ass scene while Lyle jerks it, laughing. It's totally Requiem for a Dream.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up