Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My books came today!  (Read 2514 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My books came today!
« on: August 11, 2004, 02:22:20 am »

Went to the P.O. Box yesterday and there was a package notice.  Went back this a.m. during office hours and Huzzay!, my books were here.

I got Vols. I and III, personalized.  In Vol. I there is a coupon from Phillippe for one years friendship (expires 8/4/05).  In Vol III there is an excellent drawing of Beef at 14.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My books came today!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 03:01:19 am »

I love that the friendship coupon has an expiration date.  That's awesome.

I should probably pick up the books while I can still get Onstad originals, but he is I think still pretty sore at me about my calling him on being a lazy fuck and stuff (although I certainly could not accuse him of being lazy lately, what with the strips always being on time, the massive blog entries, Ray's Place, new products, a book deal, etc. - man, the guy must be mainlining Red Bull or something) and for being a dick by closing the original forums, although that seems to have worked out for the best for everyone, as this place is so much better than the old board ever was (in my opinion, but I think you'll agree).

In any case, perhaps I could get someone to order them for me.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
My books came today!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 05:00:58 am »

Quote from: "jough"
In any case, perhaps I could get someone to order them for me.


He's gonna draw hella ding-dongs on your books.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
My books came today!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 05:19:33 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "jough"
In any case, perhaps I could get someone to order them for me.


He's gonna draw hella ding-dongs on your books.


Yeah, and don't even try ordering non-personalized books. That'll just make him furious

Quote from: "Jade Garden Chef"
UP YOURS JOUGH
8=====B ~~
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
My books came today!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 04:00:35 pm »

I really like the story of the friendship coupon, since one of the idiosyncratic traditions of my family is, at Christmas, to give one another (in addition to corporeal presents of course) coupons for home-made cookies or breakfast in bed- or, more recently, for a bus ticket home.  I could very much see myself at some tender age making a friendship coupon.
Logged
goose means greedy

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: My books came today!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 04:40:44 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I got Vols. I and III, personalized.  In Vol. I there is a coupon from Phillippe for one years friendship (expires 8/4/05).

So when it expires does he become indifferent towards you or your enemy? Because it would suck to wake up on August 6th to find Philippe had pooped in your shoes and keyed your car.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: My books came today!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 05:00:41 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I got Vols. I and III, personalized.  In Vol. I there is a coupon from Phillippe for one years friendship (expires 8/4/05).

So when it expires does he become indifferent towards you or your enemy? Because it would suck to wake up on August 6th to find Philippe had pooped in your shoes and keyed your car.


Since I can't see Phillippe being either indifferent or my enemy,* I think he'd just issue you a new coupon on 8/4.


*At least until he becomes a surly teenager.  Fag.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Personalized, Indeed!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 01:40:08 am »

I just felt I'd chime in, and say that I finally got around to ordering the books (All 3, no less, and personalized), and the illustrations I got are as follows:

A rare photo of Ray wearing p.a.n.t.s. (end censorship now!), "An Unwanted Visit From Nice Pete" (in which he tells me that "killin' is like basketball" whilst peeking out under a window), and...

A gift-certificate from Phillipe for one year of friendship!  (Expiry date 8/2/2004)  It was re-gifted!
Oh well, I still certainly enjoy it (the photo of Ray wearing slacks is a priceless work of art), and Phillipe could definitely use some cool friends such as us guys, before he starts hanging out around Pat too much.

acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
My books came today!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 02:08:28 pm »

If I get the books and am lucky enough to get a Ray-in-trousers picture or something such as the same, would it be acceptable to remove (carefully) the page from the book and frame it for tasteful display in my home?

Because I'm thinking I'd have to have that sumbitch up on display instead of shut away in a book on a shelf.
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
My books came today!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 05:45:42 pm »

Of course you can!  Although, not really.  The way the books are bound (glue and cloth binding), and the fact that (at least my) illustrations are on the inside back covers, removing that page means basically destroying the book.  On the other hand, you could xerox it and hang it up that way, because apparently reproductions of famous works of art are completely acceptable to hang on your wall.  And nothing will have to be destroyed.

acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark
Pages: [1]   Go Up