Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I Get a Witness?  (Read 12636 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« on: August 13, 2004, 11:32:43 pm »

Okay, is anyone ready for another session of CD trades? I'm currently making two CD's, a cover CD and then a random "awesome song" CD. Who's ready for CD TRADE TWO: ELECTRIC JOUGH-A-LOO?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 11:41:10 pm »

I'm in if nobody minds my severe degree of lame.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:48:40 am »

I will be in provided that I can acquire a machine with CD-burning capacity in a relatively quick manner. Here's hoping.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 12:52:32 am »

You bet your sweet Texas ass I am.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 01:08:18 am »

Is this a swap group kind of a deal or what? 'Cause I remember people talking about some kind of chain thing last time and that was just nutty.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 03:15:32 am »

No, we couldn't agree on a method last time and just wound up sending CDs to whoever asked for them.  Got cool stuff from everyone I sent CDs to - well, almost everyone.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 06:08:28 am »

I was already working on "Songs to Make Love To - Volume Three - From 'Funky Town' to 'Everybody Dance Now'" to give to people who coughed up some dough for the tip jar in the past month or so - all three of you.

But I'd be up for another swap.  It is always nice to get pirated music in through the mail.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 10:19:49 am »

i'm down as a clown; don't frown, prom gown.

but considering i'm just some indie punk, my cd will prolly noy be so much humorous as it is my-friends-bands-are-rad-so-listen-up

SEXUAL HOMEBOYS
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 03:19:00 pm »

I'm in.  

Pretentious indie ahoy.
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 07:21:11 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
No, we couldn't agree on a method last time and just wound up sending CDs to whoever asked for them.  Got cool stuff from everyone I sent CDs to - well, almost everyone.


As part of almost everyone (I sent stuff, it just wasn’t cool), I'm up for this.

Are there any constraints (themes, bands to include/omit, etc.), or is this yet another aural free-for-all?
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 07:36:26 pm »

I'm in.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 07:56:32 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Are there any constraints (themes, bands to include/omit, etc.), or is this yet another aural free-for-all?


Themes are fun but depending on the theme it can be difficult to actually make a decent-sounding mix.  I'd be up for a theme or a free-for-all.  I just like pirating music.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 08:38:05 pm »

I'm definitely in, if people are cool with UK for mail, as I want to discover yet more new bands I don't know of, and this is a damned good way.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2004, 10:51:19 pm »

Yeah, re: themes. I'm trying to do one of just covers, and that's starting to be a bitch, as I'm wondering whether High Fidelity rules apply, i.e. try not to put two of a single artist on a side, etc. This is why I have the secondary CD. Oh, and I probably won't be able to send or recieve until the 27th or so (damn you, college!). But let's get mixy.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 11:56:51 pm »

Oh, and for the record:

I don't have a running list of who all sent me CDs during my Blue No-CD-Burner Period (I know Jough, Carlos, sjlimmer, and Starlight did, and there are probably a couple of others I'm forgetting), but I will probably be attempting to make up a Belated Mixdisc for those who sent me music uncompensated last time. So.. yeah.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up