Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I Get a Witness?  (Read 12658 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2004, 02:56:44 am »

I sent out a whole shitload of CDs last time, but I didn't keep track of who I sent them to, so if you sent me your address but didn't get my 2-disc set last time, just PM me and I'll make sure you get all three this time.

I got a new magic marker to make the cover art and everything.

Oh, and I have a veritably shitload of slim jewel cases thanks to Staples "Buy 100 Slim Jewel Cases for $5" sale when I bought ten packs of 100.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2004, 04:55:06 am »

If anybody is interested in an all jazz one, I'll cobble one up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 03:30:47 am »

I would totally be in for a mix cd trade, themed or not.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 05:44:46 am »

Oh, jesus, I just realized that my entire non covers disc is alt-country. I need to get out of Kentucky, soon.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 02:48:15 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Oh, jesus, I just realized that my entire non covers disc is alt-country. I need to get out of Kentucky, soon.


There is no shame in that whatsoever; it just means that I'll be planning my disc extra-carefully so it will be for the most part free of alt-country, that dangerous subgenre that has been madly colonizing my music tastes.  Not that getting out of Kentucky isn't probably a good idea in itself.
Logged
goose means greedy

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2004, 03:42:56 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Oh, jesus, I just realized that my entire non covers disc is alt-country. I need to get out of Kentucky, soon.


There is no shame in that whatsoever; it just means that I'll be planning my disc extra-carefully so it will be for the most part free of alt-country, that dangerous subgenre that has been madly colonizing my music tastes.  Not that getting out of Kentucky isn't probably a good idea in itself.


My entire record collection has been carefully planned to include no alt-country, so somewhere, there is balance.

Now, how do we feel about songs with rather filthy lyrics?
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2004, 04:16:32 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Now, how do we feel about songs with rather filthy lyrics?

Hey, it's not a mix CD without the greatest love song ever written.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004, 06:37:44 pm »

My mixdisc will probably involve copious amounts of Mono Puff, because Mono Puff is one of the most fun, engaging sideprojects nobody has ever heard of. Also they wrote a surf-rock version of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," which I figure will have to be integrated into my mix somehow.

Anyway, I have no objections to alt-country, although I am not entirely clear on what precisely alt-country is. (Shame!)
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 07:39:33 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Now, how do we feel about songs with rather filthy lyrics?


We love them very much! We love them a thousand times! Completely! It is a love story!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2004, 08:31:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
My mixdisc will probably involve copious amounts of Mono Puff, because Mono Puff is one of the most fun, engaging sideprojects nobody has ever heard of. Also they wrote a surf-rock version of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," which I figure will have to be integrated into my mix somehow.

Um, I had never even heard of Devil Went Down to Georgia until the Mono Puff version came out.

Anyway, Mono Puff. Good stuff.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2004, 09:17:05 pm »

I hadn't heard of Mono Puff 'til my mate got everything by both John's, as well as all the TMBG missing from out collections.
I've not listened to it all properly yet, as I only now have enough time to, but I did jump straight for the Devil Went Down... cover, as I've always loved the song (The Levellers and the Primus versions particularly).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2004, 12:35:20 am »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Now, how do we feel about songs with rather filthy lyrics?


I wonder if any of the Meatmen's albums are available on CD.

"And now, for those of you who are going to go home and tell your friends, 'They were OK but I couldn't understand the words,' here's the first verse to 'I Sin For a Living.'"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2004, 08:22:29 pm »

So, are we still on for this?  I've got one mix all lined up and ready to burn.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2004, 10:33:01 pm »

Yeah, who's in and how are we organizing this?  My tracklist's almost ready.
Logged
goose means greedy

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Can I Get a Witness?
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2004, 11:16:56 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Yeah, who's in and how are we organizing this?  My tracklist's almost ready.


Shit, i completely forgot about this until it got bumped. gotta go get some cdrs.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up